lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
bfavery59
Not Yet Wild

Smile 36 volt with 3 12s

can anybody tell me if I can take my 6 6volt batteries out and put in 3 12 volt batteries and hook them up in series and use my 36 volt charger to charge them with out unhooking any wires and missing any thing up?just wanting to see if my motor still slips on hills.wanted to check before buying new batteries,thanx
bfavery59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: 36 volt with 3 12s

if the batteries are deep cell cart batteries .. car batteries will not work
Old 10-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Can you tell us why you think your electric motor is "slipping" on hills? As an electric motor isn't capable of slipping you may need to check your rear axle hubs. The hubs are prone to stripping and slipping as a result.

Yes you can use 3 12v car batteries to test a motor for operation while cart is on jacks. The car batteries are not capable of the amp draw or capacity that golf cart batteries have though so don't plan on riding around much at all.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Can you tell us why you think your electric motor is "slipping" on hills? As an electric motor isn't capable of slipping you may need to check your rear axle hubs. The hubs are prone to stripping and slipping as a result.

Yes you can use 3 12v car batteries to test a motor for operation while cart is on jacks. The car batteries are not capable of the amp draw or capacity that golf cart batteries have though so don't plan on riding around much at all.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...ezgo-22-a.html
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...igure-out.html
Old 10-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

An electric motor either turns or stalls, there is no "slip".
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
An electric motor either turns or stalls, there is no "slip".
i agree .. those are his other posts on the "slipping"
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO