lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
Krevwin
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Solid state conversion issue

I recently purchased a solid state conversion kit with a reversing contactor for my yamaha g9e. I striped all the wiring completely and followed a ezgo conversion diagram. When I tried to get it working today I just hear it click and the controller flashes 2 green 3 red (high throttle over limit). The only thing I haven't replaced was the existing 22 gauge key wires and 10amp fuse wires. The rest of the wires are 12 gauge and 2 gauge. Could this maybe be the problem?
Krevwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Solid state conversion issue

Whats your controller throttle setting? Which throttle wires are you using? (there are white, blue, green wires). Is one of your throttle wires connected to B-? And finally, why are you using a Ezgo wiring diagram on a Yamaha? They are not the same.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
Krevwin
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

This was a club car conversion from carts unlimited as I had to re fab everything including the addition of a curtis pb6. So I am using the blue and brown wires for the pot itself, 5k-0 which I have figured out the controller is programmed for. That being said as everything has been stripped and re done I believe any wiring diagram can be followed (I'm just using the instructions sent with the kit as their isn't a yamaha direct conversion to follow, I know the alltrax manual has one for yami but my system wasn't anything like it) I will take a look tomorrow but it has to be something easy. Pretty simple system
Old 10-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Try the 0-1k and 0-5k settings, won't hurt the controller. Of course, with the rear wheels off the ground when connecting and turning on key.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

After much discussion Krevwin and myself agreed the Ezgo composition and component configuration was the best fit for the G2-9 conversion to solid state. On another Yamaha we used a CC F&R due to the fact it lent itself to firewall installation. And then realized the toggle switch operation of the reversing contactor was the best of both worlds in function and installation.

Pot and control are sent out 0-5k in all of our conversion kits. The pot and control should not have any conflict so long as your mechanical linkage is allowing the pot throttle arm return to the 'zero' position. Check that the controller power (#1 pin) is wired according to the diagram provided.

This is a prototype project. Refer to these diagrams when replying.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Conversion # 01.jpg (554.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CC AXE CU F&R customer.jpg (156.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CC Conversion solenoid activation circuit.jpg (201.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg reversing-contactor-EzgoTXT.jpg (204.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
Krevwin
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Turns out the controller was not set to the 0-5k throttle. After resetting it works perfectly. I will post my build as I don't know if theirs too much info on a yamaha conversion.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

So, this G9 had resistor coils? Never seen a G9 without a solid state motor controller from the factory.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #8
Krevwin
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Yes, from the serial number it was a 1992 model. Maybe one of the last ones?
Old 10-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

Mind posting the serial #? If this is true, i want to learn about this discrepancy in yamaha info. If you can, post a side pic of your cart. I usually use visual cues like "white or black steering wheel, rubber trim at front body or aluminum, kick panel black or white" to determine a G2 or G9 if i dont have a serial number. If there were G9s with resistor coils, i want to know the difference. Not trying to be a smarta$$. When i started where i am now, we were still using microfiche for any carts older than G11s, i am happy i still have "micros" and paper books, we are all digital now. Some of that info only exists in paper or "micro" form, there are a lot of parts on a new YDR that are not even listed in the new digital parts system. Same for parts for old stuff. Anyone who uses this new parts system extensively knows that this is true.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #10
Krevwin
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

JG6101026, black plastic front, black steering wheel, rubber floor and bag mats. I can apparently only add one pic per reply (unless there's another way to add more, help!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (126.4 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO