lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #11
clarkgrizwauld
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Golf cart trailer mesh floor sagging

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
How far apart are the cross-members that support the floor?A lot of the lower-price trailers have minimal bracing and the result is sagging.With #9 mesh(3/4" diamonds about 3/16"thick) you can use a 2' spacing front to back,2'-3' side-side,(6x8 use 1 down the center)with good results.A sheet of 3/4" plywood over the mesh you have will work for a while,as long as you don't leave it in the weather(unless you buy exterior-grade and paint it well with oil-based paint.Or use Marine-Plywood(very expensive).We use the exterior grade 3/4 on our 6x8 trailer,soak it with rust-oleum,and get 3 or 4 years if we are lucky.I have a 8-1/2' x 20' Flat-bed trailer with #9 mesh deck,its' hauled everything you can imagine(even stuff you wouldn't!)I've had it since 99',The trailer is a 85' and its' in great-shape,sits outside year-round and gets abused.I would do the mesh again if i had to build new.Hope this helps.
Thanks so much for the input. The trailer is a 5x8 and there are 4 cross members that support the floor. What is the best way to attach the wood over the mesh?
clarkgrizwauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2011, 12:35 AM   #12
BigCountry79
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i just ran a 2x10 the length of my trailer where the wheels on the cart go. used bolts and washers to secure, works great.
BigCountry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:43 AM   #13
crash12888
Gone Crazy

For what it cost to relace or add wood over the mesh and the labor involved, I would mark where the cart wheels sit on the mesh and have a weld shop weld in a crossbrace under each area.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #14
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Here's mine with 5/4 decking. Bolted into frame front, back and middle, the rest are fender washers underneath on the mesh. Added tie downs front and back, works fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0032.jpg (108.7 KB, 4 views)
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ply wood on a trailer deck is a temporary fix as the plywood does not weather well. Unless garaged ... Use 1/8" steel over the mesh in the tire areas ? be sure you go from support to support and weld it in.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0645.jpg (97.4 KB, 42 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #16
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If you want to just lay plywood over the mesh(use exterior-grade 5/8" or 3/4" and paint with oil-base),Get some carriage-bolts and fender-washers(3/8" x ?) and put 3 across each crossmember(corners and center) front to rear (each crossmember).This will work fine for a "permanent-install".If you want a temporary install just do 4 corners,and front/rear center.I don't know about prices elsewhere,but 1/8" sheet-steel here is about $100 for a 4x8 sheet.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO