lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #51
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: First Time Charge

Checkride I would have thought the BatteryMINDer aviation model would have been FAA aproved. How do you keep your batteries hot on a parked plane?

While I thought about running the EZGO charger and the BatteryMINDer 36v at the same time I was afraid the BatteryMINDer might confuse the EZGO charger. On thinking about it if the EZGO was charging when the BatteryMINDer was brought on line then it would see the charging voltage and thing there was no need for charging and just working on eating those 'bad' crystal deposits.

I will try that on the next recharge and see if it will actually work that way. That would save me trips to see if the EZGO charger has clicked off.
Gale Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #52
Checkride
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: First Time Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Hawkins View Post
Checkride I would have thought the BatteryMINDer aviation model would have been FAA aproved. How do you keep your batteries hot on a parked plane?

While I thought about running the EZGO charger and the BatteryMINDer 36v at the same time I was afraid the BatteryMINDer might confuse the EZGO charger. On thinking about it if the EZGO was charging when the BatteryMINDer was brought on line then it would see the charging voltage and thing there was no need for charging and just working on eating those 'bad' crystal deposits.

I will try that on the next recharge and see if it will actually work that way. That would save me trips to see if the EZGO charger has clicked off.
Gale: With 2 other partners in the plane it doesn't set too long. It flies on an average of 2-3 times a week. Aircraft batteries last us about 3 years on average. We have dual 24v batteries and dual 90amp alternators. My mechanic stated that even though the seller claims it's for aircraft it's not PMA'd for our aircraft (that means it isn't tested and approved for our aircraft specific), but may be used on experimental aircraft (home built).Thus, if it caused battery damage and revealed itself while in flight we have a potential inflight problem as our aircraft is all digital electric (nothing analog) including gauges.

I like the idea that the BatteryMINDer can work in concert with the main charger. We can compare notes on this as time moves on.
Checkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO