lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Regen Braking is not Working on PDS cart

Saturday I put the steep hill (blue) plug in our 2007 but it will not stop the cart. It will slow down to 10 MPH from the standard 13 MPH when the foot is totally removed from the pedalgoing down a steep hill.

I put it in diagnostic and got the expected two beeps then we drove it 10 miles but NO beeps.

Any one experienced a low.
Gale Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Re: Regen Braking is not Working on PDS cart

Can anyone help me slow my cart down?
Old 02-02-2011, 01:17 AM   #3
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Regen Braking is not Working on PDS cart

Take the chip out and see what you get.
Check the connection to the end of the motor and make sure the speed sensor is seated properly.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:39 AM   #4
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
Take the chip out and see what you get.
Check the connection to the end of the motor and make sure the speed sensor is seated properly.
It came with nothing in the slot and I put in the steep hill jumper. It will slow the cart from 13 mph to 10 mph when going down a hill and removing the foot from the pedal so it kind of works but does not bring it to a stop like per the manual.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
dougmcp
Gone Wild

A regen motor is not a substitute for brakes. It will slow a cart but if you want to slow more or stop, you need to apply the brake pedal.
The new RXV has an auto stop and hold function but not yours.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Page F-3 of the PDS repair manual in the sticky lists states the Steep Hill option will rapidly slow the vehicle to a stop unless the accelerator is depressed.

Our 2007 PDS is not doing this is all I know. I know it is not a replacement for the brakes but I do want this feature to make the cart more safe on hills.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Hawkins View Post
Page F-3 of the PDS repair manual in the sticky lists states the Steep Hill option will rapidly slow the vehicle to a stop unless the accelerator is depressed.

Our 2007 PDS is not doing this is all I know. I know it is not a replacement for the brakes but I do want this feature to make the cart more safe on hills.
I think this is describing the anti-roll away feature. It was described to me this way:

Golfer rolls to a stop, does not apply the hill brake, exits the cart, key on, cart in forward, goes to hit his tee shot. While away from the cart, it starts to roll downhill on it's own because of gravity. Cart senses it is rolling with no pressure on the pedal and stops itself (or slows to a crawl) via the regenerative capacity of the motor.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #8
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
I think this is describing the anti-roll away feature. It was described to me this way:

Golfer rolls to a stop, does not apply the hill brake, exits the cart, key on, cart in forward, goes to hit his tee shot. While away from the cart, it starts to roll downhill on it's own because of gravity. Cart senses it is rolling with no pressure on the pedal and stops itself (or slows to a crawl) via the regenerative capacity of the motor.
I will test the next time next time I get out but I think you correct. It will start to beep if it starts to roll in either direction I do know and that has to be computer generated info. I was told by the seller the Steep Hill chip would cause a sudden stop if the pedal was totally released.

Actually it slowing down from 13 to 10 mph helps with control and charges the battery slightly because you can see that on the 12 volt battery monitor that came will the 36v BatteryMINDer model 36271. I was upset the free monitor was not 36v but it worked out well because I just connected where the head/tail wires are connected on the battery. It was showing red/yellow and the daughter said it went green too when I let off the pedal.

At noon today we are 30 degrees colder than at 6 pm last night so it will be a few days before I am on the cart again.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #9
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Hawkins View Post

I stand corrected, I just reread the Ezgo service manual and you are right. It states that when the throttle is released it uses "compression braking" which is really an electrical function in the motor and should slow and stop on it's own.
You may be exceeding the limits of the cart. Remember these were designed as golf carts not ATV's and may not work in the extremes that we can put them through. The issue you may have is if the downhill force is too great, it can only do so much to stop.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #10
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ours is not even working that way on the level.

All it is doing is limiting it to 10 MPH vs the normal 13 MPH when you fully remove your foot.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO