lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #11
Ryan T
Getting Wild

Default Re: 48v conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Your new solenoid works the same way as the old one. Blue goes to the negative side and yellow is the positive side of the solenoid activation posts.
Thank you. Glad to have that part straight anyway, I just over thought it and fiqured that since it was the low voltage side of the contactor that it may have to be rewired to send 48v to it, assuming that the blue and yellow sent 36v to it before for activation. All of it will prob. make more since when I find a good drawing. Ive been wareing out the search function and not found nothing great yet.... Only other real concerns are 2 red wires, I think one goes to the rt. side of the big lugs on the contactor and the other is the one coming off the charge plug under the drivers side seat, I will connect it back to the + on the first batt. like it was before, Im just not sure what that wire is or does.
Ryan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #12
wildbillw
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

48v=48v I'm changing mine out to 32 AAA

(sorry for being nasty...)
wildbillw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you put 48v worth of batteries in it then you WILL be activating the solenoid with 48v?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:16 AM   #14
Ryan T
Getting Wild

So the yellow/blue wires are activation wires from the pedel box, and not ness. a certain voltage? I should have gone over the cart with a volt meter while it was in good running condition before tearing it down for a rebuild and not fully under standing the elect. sysytem. Ive not be able to get back on that project for a few days now so Ive not traced out any of the wires Im questioning yet, just thinking about it and looking for a good schematic or set of wiring prints on the pds system in detail.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #15
Ryan T
Getting Wild

http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...S-wire-dia.pdf

Finally found this, this looks to be what I need. Cant wait to get this thing up and going. With a PQ motor and Altrax 500a it should move out pretty nice Id think
Old 02-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #16
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan T View Post
http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...S-wire-dia.pdf

Finally found this, this looks to be what I need. Cant wait to get this thing up and going. With a PQ motor and Altrax 500a it should move out pretty nice Id think
you will be a happy man indeed
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #17
Ryan T
Getting Wild

After studing this wire diagram: http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...S-wire-dia.pdf it all makes since now expect for the one red wire that I mentioned in earlier posts. Its the red wire that comes off with the charging plug, in the diagram it's in the top right corner and labled as a red/wht wire. It shows it going to pin #4 in the J1 plug harness and calling it Interlock on the other end, I dont understand this wires purpose still. On this cart you can tell at some point it was cut a couple inches out from the plug and put under a + lug on the first battery. Think this is fine? I just dont understand what interlock is in the drawing, anyone????? Thanks a bunch
Old 02-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #18
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The red/white wire from the cart charge receptacle is the Reed Switch Safety Interlock. This simple circuit disables the controller when the charger handle is plugged into the cart so you don't drive off dragging a 50 pound transformer (which is now a decent boat anchor). If this wire sees pack voltage the controller will power up and the cart will run. There is a magnet in the charger handle that acts on the Reed switch when you plug her up.
gornoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #19
Ryan T
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
The red/white wire from the cart charge receptacle is the Reed Switch Safety Interlock. This simple circuit disables the controller when the charger handle is plugged into the cart so you don't drive off dragging a 50 pound transformer (which is now a decent boat anchor). If this wire sees pack voltage the controller will power up and the cart will run. There is a magnet in the charger handle that acts on the Reed switch when you plug her up.
Thanks so much for the info. So for what ever reason someone disabled this in the past it seems. It apears to be fine to just tie that wire to pack voltage like you said. Ive added the 2 batteries to make this cart now 48v so I will have to buy a charger and fiqure out how to get the plug side of it as well to wire up to the cart. Does a 48v plug style also use this interlock system or is it best to just delete it as it is? Im wondering if going to a wrecking yard or the like and getting the female side of the charging plug for a 48v CC and replacing the ezgo style would make since. Whats other do for thier charging plug when they convert a ezgo to 48v?
Old 02-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #20
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

for most chargers you can specify the end you want. or you can swap it out to type you need. third option is that there are short adapter cables available with different style plugs at either end.

many people do as you said-eliminate the interlock . just loop you charger cable thru the steering wheel so you wont forget to unplug it
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
03 ezgo pds conversion
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO