lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #11
Checkride
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: run-time difference?

So the theoretical increase may be something like 40-45% but with battery weight the actual may be the 30-35% being talked about?
Checkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #12
Checkride
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

This make it tough in making the choice as I need to do next week. I think measurements at max gross weight should be a consideration. I guess it's the ol weight/balance mind-set of a pilot.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Bottom line is it is definitely an increase in performance and distance due to increased available amp storage. 2 more than 6 = 33.3% increase minus the weight gain which is a factor, just don't know how to figure it.... usually carts which have this many batteries also have motor mods & the extra capacity makes up for some of the extra draw you get from a bigger motor / controller combo.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #14
Checkride
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

There is more parasite drag at the wheels when offroad. I'd like to hear from others that are currently running 48 volt hunting carts with 6-8volt batteries and what they are experiancing in run time. I'm still focused on the 6-8volt Trojan's at 190 amp/hr.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #15
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: run-time difference?

Just from posts I gather many mods give speed but not range. We have a stock 2007 PDS with OEM batteries and someone with new 48v bats, controller, etc posted speed was 2.5x greater but the range was the same.

Kind of like bass boats over the common fishing boat. Both will get you to your favorite fishing hole. It kind of depends on the value you put on speed and your money when it comes to upgrades.

Our first $600 in upgrades were for function with no speed gain because we have four butts that want to ride at the same time and we wanted to use it after dark and the battery cables were on the weak side.

A beefed up controller could make our 2006 batteries show their age faster making it more like a $1000 upgrade if replacing the batteries. With full time use of the new BatteryMINDer Model 36271 I hope to get another 4-5 years out of the OEM batteries. Hey one can always hope.
Gale Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #16
Checkride
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Gale, I think someone as midfull on batteries as you are, 4-5 years isn't out of reach.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #17
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Re: run-time difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkride View Post
There is more parasite drag at the wheels when offroad. I'd like to hear from others that are currently running 48 volt hunting carts with 6-8volt batteries and what they are experiancing in run time. I'm still focused on the 6-8volt Trojan's at 190 amp/hr.
How much to you expect to save going with 8v 48v system over 6v 48v system and how many miles of range will it cost you to do so? Will giving up the ability to use 12v charger/desulfator equipment to condition a couple of your weaker batteries be of a concern to you?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #18
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkride View Post
Gale, I think someone as midfull on batteries as you are, 4-5 years isn't out of reach.
Thanks but that reminded me our cart upgrades to date is $750 and not $600.

Man that is 50% of what we paid for the cart just for upgrades and no gain in speed.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #19
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Gale,
Does the BatteryMINDer Model 36271 take the place of the powerwise charger or is it in addition to the powerwise charger?
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #20
Checkride
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So, now your in a hurry to get to the fishing hole? I know what you mean. I was excited that my cart was free...so I thought.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO