lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

Question No Go EZGO

I just installed a D&D beefed up motor, an Alltrax controller and Heavy duty solenoid. I hooked every wire up the same way the stock wires came off with the exception of installing heavy duty 4ga wires. I turn the key on and hit the pedal and got nothing. The reverse indicator does come on when I switch to reverse. They are all new batteries. I noticed that the LED indicator on the alltrax controller is not lighting up at all when I turn the key on. There is an sticker on the controller that indicates it should. Any ideas where to start? I have double checked the wiring diagram for the controller and it looks correct. I was not sure if I was suppose to install the new heavy duty solenoid facing down the same way the stock one was and connect the wires the same. I did connect them the same way with the solenoid facing down. That seems to be the only place I might have messed up. I had previously marked the wires going to the motor and I am sure I have them right. Need some help on this one???
turkeyshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
libertybellcdr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No Go EZGO

You need to look at the Alltrax wiring diagram that ScottyB has. It's what I used to find my wiring problems. Also, make sure the charger is re-attached to the battery posts and the F&R assembly (It has a wiring switch in it).
libertybellcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

Default Re: No Go EZGO

Thanks, how do I find that diagram that Scotty B has?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

Question Re: No Go EZGO

Ok we are finally getting somewhere. I called Alltrax and the tech guy had me put a jumper from the red side of the Solenoid to positive battery, after he had me make sure the rear wheels were off the ground. It worked, the controller came on and when I put the pedal down lo and behold I had power to the drive train. Now he then told me to check to see if I had at least 36 volts at the charger port. I do. Then he left work.

Any of you have an idea as to where to check next. The problem is somewhere between the ON/OFF switch or throttle and the controller. I think. Though that gets me in trouble at times.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO