lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #51
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just finished installing everything and now…. nothing?

Hey Modoc, I forgot to get back to you on this. Thanks for the explanation and your time on this issue…….1 of about 1000. Evidently, the previous owner installed an aftermarket receptacle that did not have the red/white interlock wire (like yours). Evidently, to bypass this feature on the F/R, you can connect that wire of the F/R switch to the + terminal of the battery post or the + solenoid post, the latter being my solutions. Hope this can help someone else reading this, still didn’t fix my problem.
Superman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #52
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

Did you get it straight yet? Looking at your solenoid , I was told by Alltrax that the silver band on that diode has to be facing the red/ positive side or the same side that the Positive battery cable is hooked up to. (to the smaller nut of course.) But I have not got mine to work with the key yet, only with a jumper from the positive battery to that same diode positive side.
turkeyshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #53
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

attached is a great clear drawing of diode placement for all solenoids feeding into solid state controllers , download it and blow it up for clarity

Hope this helps
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FS_1995-1997_3_Wire_Accelerator.pdf (61.5 KB, 11 views)
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #54
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey turkeyshooter and everyone,

I talked to Jim at LGS today. After several rounds of troubleshooting we decided………….I have a bad controller. Evidently, the LGS controller is set up pretty different than the Alltrax controller and Curtis controller and require different troubleshooting methods. That is why I was going round and round with crazy results. I guess it is bitter sweet though. The good news is I have finally found out what the problem was. The bad news is I have invested HOURS and HOURS of fruitless work. Only to have my cart still out of service for another week and a half. If Jim didn’t sound like such a good guy I would probably just go with Alltrax. I always try to use “the local guy” over the big corporations but, my patience was definitely pushed to the MAX. Hopefully I was the 1 in a million case and there won’t be any other problems!
Superman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO