lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
Telg8n
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie Here/1995 Medalist Motor Question

I have acquired a 1995 EZGO Medalist with dead batteries. I have been reading alot of great information on this forum. I am looking to convert my cart from 36 volts to 48 volts. I will primarily use this cart for hunting and outdoor recreation. My plans are to upgrade with a lift kit, 22 inch tires, and add a rear seat. I want to go slow so as to not break the bank all at once. My cart is a series cart and has a 2HP motor. My question is if I convert to 48 volts and upgrade the F/R, Solenoid,controller,cables, etc... will my
2HP (36volt) motor be sufficient in the torque department to get me by until I can afford the motor upgrade; or should I plan on replacing the motor at same time. At this point I am not real concerned with speed just would like the torque to be sufficient. Thanks for any advice you can pass along to a newbie trying to get the most bang for his buck.
Telg8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie Here/1995 Medalist Motor Question

step by step. first upgrade to 4ga. cables-all13?. next a hd fnr switch or upgrade from scotty. then larger controller and solenoid. the 36v motor is way stout and should hold up.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
Telg8n
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Newbie Here/1995 Medalist Motor Question

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping the 36 volt motor would be stout enough. Yes, I do need to talk to Scotty about an upgrade.
Telg8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO