lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Default New Controller....Cart won't run...Please help

Just installed a new Alltrax Axe 400 and in doing so I repainted the frame and pulled out all of the wiring. Rewired and I can't get the cart to work. It was NOT working before I pulled the old controller. It ran 2 years ago, then I heard a pop and all I got after that was a click from the selonoid.

With the new controller and rebuilt switch and wiring hooked up (I think properly...been over it and over it) it will not run the motor. I unhooked the motor and tested it with a jumper. I hear the selonoid click and the controller powers up. It was giving me a High Pedal Indicator, but I followed Alltrax instructions and changed the setting so it should not effect it. Now it powers up when you hit the pedal and it stays green while on the pedal.

The controller only powered up when I hit gas, so I bypassed it by connecting a wire from green switch wire to positive selonoid activation curcuit. Now controller stays on....not sure if pressing the pedal does anything now......

The cart charges, or at least appears to...charger kicked on, after an hour I disconnected and the voltage indicator showed higher voltage.

What else could I be missing???? Does the pedal still have any effect if I have a jumper to the selonoid? or is that all the pedal does? Could the pedal been the problem all along? Can I bypass it another way to find out?

Could replacing the studs in the switch have created a problem? I can see the stud heads making contact in the switch.

One other thing, when I put the cart in reverse and press the pedal the controller lights up both red and green at the same time....does this represent half speed reverse or something else?
AggressiveBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New Controller....Cart won't run...Please help

Hard for us to tell what is wrong from this point, post some pictures and schematic of how you have everything wired (even if it's hand drawn).
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The red/green together indicates full throttle.
Check the throttle ITS output
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

How do I check that Scotty?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/product.asp?sku=8002

Is this the only switch mechanism inside the pedal assembly? Or is there more inside that box that could cause the throttle not to be reponsive?
Old 03-05-2011, 09:09 AM   #6
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Well, I figured out that the selonoid was clicking, but not allowing full pack voltage through it. I only get 15 volts on the second side of the selonoid with no resister....before it clicks and after it clicks. So although it clicks it appears to be stuck. I bypassed the selonoid and ran the pack voltage straight to the B+ terminal, hit the pedal and it drove spun the wheels in reverse! So I'll seek out a new selonoid today and may end up waiting for one to be shipped from Buggiesunlimited unless someone has a better place online.

There still seems to be a problem....maybe in my F&R switch. I turned the switch the other direction until the contacts made contact again and hit the gas and no go....the controller blinked green and then went to green/red. could this be something in my switch?
Old 03-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There is a long list of BGW Sponsors and each one of them carries a solenoid for your cart. When buying from these sponsors you are supporting advertisers that keep BGW online which makes this forum possible. Links and mention of BU is not nice.

Glad you got it running. Thank you for your patronage.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Hey Scotty, I understand and I appologize. I checked out the vendors, ended up since I'm in Myrtle Beach and carts are hot here a local vendor had one instock. I feel back not supporting you guys, but I'm two weeks into trouble shooting this and I wanted to get another step farther.

Selonoid replacement got be the same place as when I bypassed the selonoid. I can go in reverse at what appears to be full throttle but when I switch it to reverse I get nothing. I swapped the S2 on the motor to D on the switch and S1 on the motor to B on the switch and put the F&R switch in forward I get forward at what appears to be full throttle. If I switch to reverse I get nothing.

I thought maybe I messed up the buss bar replacement, but I checked with a switch diagram from a post on this site and it appears to be right. Should be since I replaced only one buss bar at the time.

Any ideas? oh, when I switch the F&R to where the cart won't go the controller lights up red and green at the same time which as I understand it means full throttle with no resistance (I guess no motor draw).
Old 03-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You got a couple of things messed up. Use the diagrams provided by Allrax and recheck all the cable connections and then the secondary wiring... My guess is there is a mis placed cable or 2 and some secondary wiring problem? Can you post the diagrams you are using?
Old 03-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #10
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...O-Wire-Dia.pdf

That's the diagram I followed....the best I could. I'll snap some pictures and add them.

The microswitch that the half speed reverse is connected to has continuity when the switch is not pressed and when you push the wheel until it clicks I get no continuity.

Was wondering if this switch is bad.....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO