lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2011, 09:34 AM   #21
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Default Re: New Controller....Cart won't run...Please help

That's the one with the switch diagram that I really don't understand. And I think the F&R switch has to be where I am messing up.

Maybe I'll illustrate a picture of my switch and you'll see if I have something wrong.
AggressiveBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

How about this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F&R snip.jpg (45.1 KB, 24 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #23
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

I didn't have alot of time to mess with the cart yesterday....was busy selling girl scout cookies with my wife and daughter. So I went into the garage tired and followed the Diagram you gave me for the F&R switch. Switched a few wires to make it right between the controller, switch and motor. Hit the gas in foward and the cart goes in full speed reverse again. Switched to reverse and the light on the controller goes to amber again.

Then I did a stupid...played with a couple of wires on the reverse micro switch and had some sparks Ended up burning up the key switch or a wire to/from it I beleive. I can run a bypass from battery + to the selonoid and make it activate and the controller powers up. So hopefully its all good.

Opened up the potbox (I think this is what the pedal box is called). Man its clean and dry in there! I'll test continuities tonight and try to fix my switch.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #24
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Ok, potbox seems good. Was busy with Girl Scout cookies for awhile there, but got out to the garage, tightened the F&R switch cam nut and bypassed the reed switch and SHE HAS FORWARD AND HALF SPEED REVERSE!!!!!

I obviously fried the reed switch when I messed around with the wiring and created sparks. Gonna look for "replacing reed switch" now in the forums so I know what parts to get. Unless Scotty already had a repair explanation in that digital incyclopedia he has!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #25
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Nevermind. Found the reed switch....can't imagine it'll be that expensive. Should have it on the road next week now. Awesome!
Old 03-19-2011, 09:08 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You will choke on the price of a reed switch...... You can by pass it by running the red/white wire straight to the battery pack Positive.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO