lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2011, 05:54 AM   #1
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

Default What's the perfect cart to start with?

Hello all,
I'm a gasser guy, but I'm tempted to use this year's tax refund to purchase an electric cart to upgrade and play with mostly for hunting, trail riding and such. They're just so much quieter. I've read a bunch over here on the electric forum, and I'm pretty sure I would need a series motor for my applications. I would also plan on a 48 volt upgrade one day. I want to stick with ezgo because the lifts and such are pretty easy to install and buy. I would like to know if anyone can pinpoint a certain year range and model of cart that would be the perfect starting point for me? Thanks in advance for your time.
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What's the perfect cart to start with?

I would pick a series cart from 2002 to 2007
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
rocknrone

E-Z-GO

Thanks. Which models are the series? Just regular txt? Freedom? Or is it dependant upon each specific cart?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

TXT all the way!
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
rocknrone

E-Z-GO

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #6
rocknrone

E-Z-GO

I ran across a cart today for $1000. It is a 95 medalist according to the serial # lookup on ezgo. It has a plastic body though. Anyway, cart isn't in great shape at all. Battery cables are coroded pretty bad on 2 of the batteries. Looks like it's recently been painted. There's some overspray on the rocker panels. Cart looks like it needs a lot of cleanup and tlc. Everything is stock. It has top but no windshield. The guy said his boss would probably let it go for 800 cash, but I don't know if it's worth that. I'd probably have to replace the batteries. They look pretty old. I didn't check the date on them. It is a series motor though. Would this make an ok starter cart? Definitely not expensive to start with. Thanks for your time. I could take some pictures probably Monday when the little garage opens back up.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #7
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

The one you can afford to double the cost with mods
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #8
braxx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrone View Post
I ran across a cart today for $1000. It is a 95 medalist according to the serial # lookup on ezgo. It has a plastic body though. Anyway, cart isn't in great shape at all. Battery cables are coroded pretty bad on 2 of the batteries. Looks like it's recently been painted. There's some overspray on the rocker panels. Cart looks like it needs a lot of cleanup and tlc. Everything is stock. It has top but no windshield. The guy said his boss would probably let it go for 800 cash, but I don't know if it's worth that. I'd probably have to replace the batteries. They look pretty old. I didn't check the date on them. It is a series motor though. Would this make an ok starter cart? Definitely not expensive to start with. Thanks for your time. I could take some pictures probably Monday when the little garage opens back up.
Not worth it in my opinion. I got a smoking deal on a 2005 TXT PDS with 2008 Trojans. Has a top, windshield and an aluminum box/bed for $950. I had to replace the battery cables and the tires don't hold air.
I think you should research the type of cart (PDS, Series, etc...) get an idea of what you want and then just be ready to jump when the deal pops up.
braxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #9
rocknrone

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by braxx View Post
Not worth it in my opinion. I got a smoking deal on a 2005 TXT PDS with 2008 Trojans. Has a top, windshield and an aluminum box/bed for $950. I had to replace the battery cables and the tires don't hold air.
I think you should research the type of cart (PDS, Series, etc...) get an idea of what you want and then just be ready to jump when the deal pops up.
What part of the country are you in? I definitely want a series ezgo per my intended application of hunting/trail riding. That's why I took a look at this cart cause I want to basically build one. Not for show, but for torque and hunting. I will be in the woods with it. I already have about 6 grand in my gasser, and my wife would kill me if I put that much in another cart. I wish I could find a deal like that, and I can probably wait to find it, but I really haven't seen a deal that good in the lowcountry of SC. To put it in perspective, my brother-in-law just bought a 2007 pds with new trojans for $3800.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

rocknrone, not sure where you are in sc but I just saw a 96 series with 08 trojans and the bed go for 1350
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO