lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
badv10
Not Yet Wild

Default Just bought a 2011 EZGO RXV all "murdered out"

My first post here. I have a ton of hobbies and now I'm adding a new one. Golf cart modding. I just picked me up a new 2011 EZGO RXV. Ordered it all black with black wheels and black tires. I had the dealership reprogram the controller to go full speed (so they say) at 20mph. I clocked it with my GPS and it did 20.3mph. The only disappointment I have in this RXV is that is has NO torque. It takes off extremely slow. My old 36V TXT was much better than this 48V machine. Something I hope to fix. Does anyone know if there is a way to add more speed and torque? I know if you go higher gears to gain more speed you will always sacrifice torque. I haven't seen much info or people doing mods to these models. Any reason why? I'm going to chop the top three or four inches and I'd like to lower it about two to three inches as well. Is lowering the RXV just like lowering the TXT? Do they have the same suspension? I look forward to the replies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0060[1].jpg (79.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0061[1].jpg (79.7 KB, 45 views)
badv10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just bought a 2011 EZGO RXV all "murdered out"

Go ahead and lower it, you will be one of the first to do it, maybe. The suspension is completely different on the RXV then a TXT. Also the main reason it takes off slower is that is an AC drive system instead of a DC system, is is much more efficient then the older models. The drive system takes off slower, but does have pretty good speed once it gets going. I believe you can take it to your dealer and get the system programmed to go faster, there are different setting on them. You will need to check with them to make sure though. Good Luck
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO