lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
shaun p
Not Yet Wild

Default About to give up on my cart

I have ran all new wires and made sure they r all in the right spot with the diagram u guys gave me. I have replaced the solenoid,the f/r board (not the switch yet) put all 3 new micro-switches in it replaced the speed control board. Bought 6 new batteries and yet something is still wrong. If i move the f/r lever to the reverse it sparks and the tires spin even with key off. And when i put it in forward and hit pedal nothing. I checked solenoid i got 36 volts to it when key is on and pedal is pushed in forward but no go
shaun p is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: About to give up on my cart

Shaun I know it's frustrating you now but it is simple to somebody else......... post the yr and model cart and the diagram we gave you ..... also any important info like resistor cart or controller? Etc. Obviously something is wired incorrectly.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
shaun p
Not Yet Wild

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html HERE IS THE LINK. IT IS AN 82 I BELIEVE. IT IS AN EZ GO IT HAS A SOLENOID DOES THAT MAKE IT A RESISTOR CART ? I REALLY AM LEARNING AS I GO AND 4 THE MOST PART HAVE BEEN READING FORUMS HERE FOR SIMILAR PROBLEMS I AM PUTTING A NEW WELL USED RESISTOR COIL BOARD ON IT NOW BUT I THINK MY PROBLEM IS LIKE U SAID A WIRE N THE WRONG PLACE ON THE F/R BUT I HAVE CHECKED IT SEVERAL TIMES AND THE WIRES R RIGHT WITH THE DIAGRAM SO I AM AT A LOSS ON WHAT TO DO NEXT I ALREADY GOT MORE MONEY N THE CART THEN I AM SURE ITS WORTH BUT IF I GET IT RUNNING WE WILL GET OUR MONEYS WORTH IN USE OUT OF IT
Old 03-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you post some pics of your work? With changing out the resistor coil pack.. you could have any # of wires on there wrong whatever ?
Old 03-18-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
shaun p
Not Yet Wild

I will get some pics on here this afternoon I foumd. A new resistor coil board and coils at the local golf cart store n town I am going to buy tonight and put on so fingers crossed that solves the problem thanks 4 helping with my cart guys I think with ur smarts it will run again
Old 03-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Draw yourself picture diagrams BEFORE you take any wires off so you will know exactly where they go.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
shaun p
Not Yet Wild

Ok I will try that but I aint really sure they r n the right spot now the people who had the cart b4 me used a f/r board to mount the coils on and the resistor board I found my cart takes is on a board n a straight line I was going to wire it like the diagram I been using will that work
Old 03-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Which coil set up are you going to use, horizontal or vertical? And which diagram? What are the last 2 digits of your manufacture code? IS your motor perpendicular to the differential or parallel to it?
Old 03-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #9
shaun p
Not Yet Wild

The coils will mount left to right on the 1 I found not up and down and the motor sits front to back and bolts to the middle of the real axel and the tag is pretty well beat up the the last 2 numbers on the second line is 82 there is prob 4 or 5 numbrs in fromt of the 82 but hard to tell what they r I will post a pic of what cart looks like as well so u can see maybe that help some with year range
Old 03-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Motor shaft going front to back makes it about that era. So you are using that 1983 diagram you linked to a few posts back, that will work.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO