lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
gimmie
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 ezgo txt 36 volt

relaced batt wires from 6 guage to 2 guage went to load it up it pulled on to the trailer put on the brake and it started clicking checked the seliond and the control boxed smoked a little bit will go but it clicks when you stop. i change the seliond to a 200 amp and checked all conections.it still clicks.anyone know anything
gimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 96 ezgo txt 36 volt

You went to 2g cables on a stock controller? What 4?
The solenoid clicking indicates low voltage. The smoke indicates something failing or not connected right? Are you certain batteries are connected properly? What is the pack voltage? Can you post a pic of the battery pack and another of the the controller/ solenoid?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
gimmie
Not Yet Wild

ezgo said they was not going to sell 6 guage i needed to change all of them to 4 guage. and i found the 2 guage on e bay and the guy said this would even be better.he did not tell me it was going to mess up something.another guy on ebay just told me the cheapest way to start would be a 200 amp selniod that i realy need anyway with the 2 guage wires.
gimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you could spend some time reading up around here about what others are using and what works for them.... doubt the 2g wires caused any trouble, it's just overkill in my opinion.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO