lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #61
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: problems

. . . I am starting to get concerned about the fact that the positive charger receptacle lead was placed on the main negative battery terminal . . . in turn, it may have fed positive voltage to the B- connection of the controller . . .

. . . ScottyB???
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #62
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

You have done a lot to the cart. You could have muliple issues, maybe you wired something wrong, maybe the new obc is bad too, maybe your diode or resistor on the solenoid is missing or wrong, maybe you fried something in the controller during the install.
It is so extremely important to document and take pics of every part and wire connection prior to removing stuff so you know how to put it back properly. Even then it is possible to miss something. We have no idea i you did all this work at the same time or in steps, if in steps then you could determine at what point you had problems. If all at the same time then its anyones guess.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #63
2004hdfxsti
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

all of the fuses are good and diode and resistor were installed by dealer brand new. I will call dealer and have them take a look at it. There is one about an hour away. I will report back with findings. Thank you everyone!
2004hdfxsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #64
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I think that is probably a wise move on your part, sorry we could not help, hope it is just something minor.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #65
2004hdfxsti
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

that is ok. Like you said without seeing it it is a needle in a haystack....
Old 04-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #66
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Good luck, I am sure they can get it fixed...
Hopefully cheaply...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #67
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Like a good mystery, I want to know how it ends.

Keep us posted
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #68
2004hdfxsti
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thumbs down Re: problems

I dropped the cart off this morning, and the last place that worked on scratched my custom paint.....awesome..... ..... ..... ....
the place it is at now said it should be fixed next week. They said right off the bat they saw that the diode on the solenoid was on wrong...good thing i paid 75/hr at the place to put that on wrong and scratch it so far....lets see what else they may have screwed up...will keep you posted!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #69
2004hdfxsti
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok so after I reluctantly had to call the owner of the company that my cart is at as it has been 3 weeks now and they have not touched it as they originally told me it would be a week, week and a half, i got a call. Apparently a lot of the wiring on the cart had been tampered with and needed to be put back together. Wires were going to the motor that should have been going to the controller, etc...Also, the pot box is bad. This is getting changed over to the MCOR and it is getting detailed and delivered to my camp 2 and a half hours away for my inconvenience and they are giving me a heavy discount for the delay. Should have the cart back tomorrow. Will post final results.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #70
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004hdfxsti View Post
Ok so after I reluctantly had to call the owner of the company that my cart is at as it has been 3 weeks now and they have not touched it as they originally told me it would be a week, week and a half, i got a call. Apparently a lot of the wiring on the cart had been tampered with and needed to be put back together. Wires were going to the motor that should have been going to the controller, etc...Also, the pot box is bad. This is getting changed over to the MCOR and it is getting detailed and delivered to my camp 2 and a half hours away for my inconvenience and they are giving me a heavy discount for the delay. Should have the cart back tomorrow. Will post final results.
The MCOR conversion is excellent.
Hopefully when you get it tomorrow at the campsite, it will be good as new!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car