lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #21
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: I just bought 2002 DS - how do I make it go faster?

There are actually 3 kinds of speed sensor. There is a model used on 1999-2001 club cars that is only the pc board, components and the hall effect transistor. I am in the process of a patent application for an electronic control that will put out 1/2 of the pulses that it would normally would. It will be switchable so that a parent can put in RPM limiting when cart is being used by the younger children. Shooting for $45 price range. Prototype works well. Will be assembled in Raleigh, NC.
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #22
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonduranth View Post
There are actually 3 kinds of speed sensor. There is a model used on 1999-2001 club cars that is only the pc board, components and the hall effect transistor. I am in the process of a patent application for an electronic control that will put out 1/2 of the pulses that it would normally would. It will be switchable so that a parent can put in RPM limiting when cart is being used by the younger children. Shooting for $45 price range. Prototype works well. Will be assembled in Raleigh, NC.

True but we were talking about IQ CCs. The 99-01 CCs are regen carts. That being said, I like the idea of your design. Keep us informed.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:14 AM   #23
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonduranth View Post
. . . has a familiar ring to it . . . a user "Gaminde" builds similar speed kits for CC that are switchable . . . he even has a new "Speed Code 5" programmer for CC he developed . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #24
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . has a familiar ring to it . . . a user "Gaminde" builds similar speed kits for CC that are switchable . . . he even has a new "Speed Code 5" programmer for CC he developed . . .
Speed Code 5? If speed code 4 will let the IQ go as fast as batteries will allow due to power limitations. What will the speed code 5 do?

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car 2002, faster, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car