lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #21
crash test dummy

Default Re: Does anyone HAVE one of these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
You and I have the same thoughts...

Good luck crash!
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2013, 05:25 AM   #22
crash test dummy

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/desig...aver-test.html
Old 05-18-2013, 05:52 AM   #23
BatteryZombiedotcom
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Exclamation Re: Does anyone HAVE one of these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
You and I have the same thoughts...

Good luck crash!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post

But any ways those battery tenders work great for people that don't take care of their batteries. If you do then you wont see any benefit at all.
Nice Jc, That's akin to saying that "Excercise is for people who are overweight. If you're not overweight, you won't see any benefit at all."

That's a ridiculously ignorant statement. I mean ignorant in its correct and intended use. Do some homework...
BatteryZombiedotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #24
TRP
Gone Wild

This could get interesting...
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #25
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatteryZombiedotcom View Post
Nice Jc, That's akin to saying that "Excercise is for people who are overweight. If you're not overweight, you won't see any benefit at all."

That's a ridiculously ignorant statement. I mean ignorant in its correct and intended use. Do some homework...
I have done lots of home work. I've had big shop chargers that used square wave. It only desulfers batteries if you let them get to that point. Little maintence will go a long way my friend. I also respectfully disagree with your analogy. If you would like to use exercise then I would say that these battery tenders are like those shock your fat stomach while you sit on the couch stuffing your face to get rock hard abs. Putting forth the real work of exercise or maintaining your batteries is the only way to get a real pay off. I stand by my statement that battery tenders do work for people that neglect their batteries. But for people that don't it is a waist of money. Much like motor honey, and a few others I know of. I actually have a fair amount of knowledge on the subject and this is one area I don't feel I am ignorant at all.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:40 AM   #26
BatteryZombiedotcom
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
I have done lots of home work. I've had big shop chargers that used square wave. It only desulfers batteries if you let them get to that point. Little maintence will go a long way my friend. I also respectfully disagree with your analogy. If you would like to use exercise then I would say that these battery tenders are like those shock your fat stomach while you sit on the couch stuffing your face to get rock hard abs. Putting forth the real work of exercise or maintaining your batteries is the only way to get a real pay off. I stand by my statement that battery tenders do work for people that neglect their batteries. But for people that don't it is a waist of money. Much like motor honey, and a few others I know of. I actually have a fair amount of knowledge on the subject and this is one area I don't feel I am ignorant at all.

JcXtreme, My friend,
Let me just say that you are absolutely correct in the fact that properly maintaining your flooded lead acid batteries is definitely the road needed to take to limit-even drastically- sulfation buildup on the plates. I am sure you follow a strict regimen to keep your batteries (nearly) sulfate build-up free. If I may, I would like to outline a typical regimen for near perfect maintenance of your golf cart batteries and you let me know if this sounds like yours. Ok?
As you know, (hard) sulfation buildup is the product of undercharging or discharging below @75% SOC (state of charge) and accelerates at 50% SOC in lead acid batteries. This is most accurately measured as acid concentration, however, for the sake of simplicity, we’ll say around 12.5 volts for a 12v flooded lead acid, or around 6.22 v in a typical golf cart battery.
So, Jc, I’m sure as the optimized battery maintenenance man that you are, the first thing you do in the morning before taking your buggy out is unplug the charger and let the batteries sit for at least 4 hours. 6 hours would’ve been even better, but 4 hours will suffice. Yes? Great, now you’ve dissipated their surface charge. Your typical 36 volt golf cart battery charger (EZ-GO let’s say) will have charged to, and “floated” your battery bank to about 40.5 volts. After your 4 hour waiting period is up, the electrons in your batteries have nicely settled in at about 6.3 volts each, or 37.8 volts for the bank. Knowing that keeping your batteries fully charged as you mentioned is a sure-fire way to elude sulfation build-up, you plug them back in to the charger to get them to their (real), fully saturated charge. Ok Jc, now you’ve thwarted stratification, and you’re ready to go for a ride… I’m sure- no, as a matter of fact, I KNOW (because you stated that your batteries DO NOT get sulfated, and therefore any desulfator is a waste of money for someone like you) that you always, and I mean ALWAYS give your cart a 1-2 hour maintenance charge sometime throughout the day- EVERY day.
So great JC, if this describes your daily battery maintenance habits so far, it sounds like you’re on the high road to sulfate free batteries! Good for you my friend, I’m glad you keep your batts so happy and healthy.
So now we know that you keep a strict daily regimen to avoid sulfation, but now let’s talk about your cell equalization habits, shall we?
I’m sure that-no less than twice a month- you equalize the cells in your battery bank by bringing it up to a gassing voltage of around 7.75 volts per battery (this is quite dangerous by the way) or 46.5 volts for the bank. This gets those lagging cells up to snuff, and I’m sure you compensate the gassed cells by adding electrolyte (distilled water). Great- good job Jc. Wait-what’s that? You say your EZ-GO charger will only bring the bank’s voltage up to 40.5 volts and float there? Ah yes that’s true- but since you have absolutely no need for a desulfator I’m sure you have devised a way around this barrier. Maybe you disconnect each of your batteries one by one and carefully monitor their temp as you bring them up to 7.75 volts or so with a 12v manual charger? Sounds like a lot of work Jc, but-hey, you’re the lead acid battery guru, and certainly not ignorant on the subject of battery sulfation.
So, so far it sounds like we’ve outlined your near perfect battery maintenance habits and wow, it sure does sound like you go to great lengths to avoid sulfation! Lets recap shall we?
So you unplug your buggy in the mornin’ and let the surface charge dissipate for 4 hours…
After waiting for 4 hours or so, you plug your buggy back in and get a true fully saturated charge.
Then, sometime throughout the day, EVERY DAY, you give your buggy a 1-2 hour maintenance charge.
So far, so good…
Also, no less than twice a month, you disassemble your battery bank and, one by one, equalize the cells in your batteries by some (still unknown) method…
Last but not least Jc, you never, ever let your batteries get below 75% SOC- therefore totally negating the need for supplementing your battery use habits with a desulfator.
So have I described your battery maintenance habits?
Wow, you are correct my friend that sure is a lot of hard work! I must say that yes- for you- a 36v battery desulfator would be of somewhat little use- I sure hope anyone that is reading this and does not follow your sulfation-free regimen is totally neglecting their batteries!
Congratulations my friend, you have saved yourself $139.00 on a battery desulfator. Good work! Keep it up!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #27
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

@batteryzombiedotcom: you are starting to sound like a Kirby Vacuum Cleaner salesperson or Amway IBO . . . you are expounding the benefits of your newly found wares for free on the forum, berating anyone that speaks ill of it . . want to advertise it? . . . become a site sponsor which would link members to your website for them make their own decisions on your product . . you are starting to sound like someone that got banned about 2 years ago . . . . just my 2 cents, and not necessarily the opinion of this forum/website . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #28
BatteryZombiedotcom
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
@batteryzombiedotcom: you are starting to sound like a Kirby Vacuum Cleaner salesperson or Amway IBO . . . you are expounding the benefits of your newly found wares for free on the forum, berating anyone that speaks ill of it . . want to advertise it? . . . become a site sponsor which would link members to your website for them make their own decisions on your product . . you are starting to sound like someone that got banned about 2 years ago . . . . just my 2 cents, and not necessarily the opinion of this forum/website . . .
My apologies- I thought I was just following up on the thread- and responding where I thought I was supposed to with interesting and intelligent content. Consider me done on the subject then- nuff said.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #29
BatteryZombiedotcom
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

BTW- I was made aware of this thread by a member and ASKED to comment. If you're misconstruing my comments as advertising well I'm not going to apologize.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #30
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Bz, appreciate your attempts at being generally respectful of the membership. But, you do use your web address as your username. That makes it a little spam like.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car