lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default sticking brakes

I have a 1979 CC with hydraulic brakes. This past Winter, we rebuilt the brakes, installing all new shoes, wheel cylinders, and master cylinder. When I use the brakes, they don't seem to release the way they should. If I do a complete stop, I can feel that there's no coast. Pressing down the accelerator pedal to go again, I can feel the drag. Backing up a bit will cause the brakes to release.

I noticed this problem initially, and spent a bit of time beveling the ends of the shoes, making sure everything was free, etc. It was OK for a while, but I've not really used the cart to amount to anything.

Any ideas?
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: sticking brakes

i'd check the lines first to make sure no kinks .. then i'd check springs if you did not replace them make sure adjustment bar is working right .. if all is good recheck master cylinder to see if its working correctly
Old 05-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: sticking brakes

The lines are all brand-new, as they were badly rusted. The master cylinder is also new, but I suppose could have a problem.

I didn't replace the springs at the time, will see if I can remember where I bought the brake parts and return there for new ones.

Thanks for the tip!
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car