lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Thordmz
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 Club Car Upgrade

Just purchased a 2010 Club Car Signiture Series Excel. The car is being modified at an authorized dealership at this time. It is getting lifted as well as other mods to try and improve torqe and top end speed. There are problems trying to locate an electric motor that will accommodate the new electronic components of the car I'm told. D&D has said they don't have a motor for this car yet due to the model being too new for them to have developed one at this time.

I'm waiting to hear if PQ can upgrade a motor to handle a 500 or so amp controller that will accommodate the (Excel) model that seems to be the problem I'm having with this project. I'm told just a magnet and controller upgrade could be too much for the stock 3 hp motor in the car.

Anyone out the know about these issues with the newer electronics in the club car 2010 excel models? I'm working with the dealership and on my own to see if there is a compatible solution to all of this.

Thanks
Thordmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
Thordmz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2010 Club Car Upgrade

After my question about the excel system on the club car, I've now been told by a different shop that I can indeed upgrade this system with a inexpensive harness that takes care of the software issue. I guess I will see...
Thordmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 Club Car Upgrade

I will be interested to see what you find out.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car