lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2013, 08:15 AM   #11
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: Calling all Battery gurus

I am not positive about your cart but if it has the pig tail or speed sensor on the motor it is possible you could pick up a few miles per hour by swapping the magnet, you can get them for about $20 delivered.

If you want 25 plus you will need a new motor, there are many options. It is a good idea to buy a new controller at the same time and from the same vendor so the controller can be prgrammed specifically for the motor you get. Upgrading the solenoid is a good idea as well since you will be tearing everything apart anyway.

A good battery pack is important as well.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #12
anix
Getting Wild

Hopefully the battery pack is ok. Seems to be anyway. It looks like Alltrax is user programmable by down loading some software.
Thanks
anix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #13
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by anix View Post
Hopefully the battery pack is ok. Seems to be anyway. It looks like Alltrax is user programmable by down loading some software.
Thanks
The field map is programmed wherever you get the motor. You can program the trottle map but the field map needs to be motor specific.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #14
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

I could be wrong but can't you update your cart to speed code 4 this would get you to 20mph
CRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #15
anix
Getting Wild

From what I can gather it would have to be an IC cart before you can program speed codes. I wish. If I don't change my mind I am going with a motor/controller upgrade.
anix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #16
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Anix,
As someone else pointed out, the "range" is more or less predicated on driving around a golf course, with the attendant frequent stops for, you know, golfing. The range will be much longer overall under those conditions than simply driving steadily down the road. That is a function of how batteries work, and you cannot change it.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puekert%27s_law for details.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:35 AM   #17
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by anix View Post
From what I can gather it would have to be an IC cart before you can program speed codes. I wish. If I don't change my mind I am going with a motor/controller upgrade.
. . . correct . . IQ carts can be programmed for speed code 4 . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car