lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
anix
Getting Wild

Default CC Regen II owners please.

I would like to gather enough info to make an informed decision as to whether I want to move ahead with performance mods to mine cart. If you have a CC regen II (not an IQ ) please state if it is stock or list any mods and the effects of those mods. If you changed motors and or controllers please state the manufacturer . I do not want anyone bashing anyones products, just state results. If you did the work for someone else feel free to post the outcome of the build...Thanks
Al
anix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: CC Regen II owners please.

Currently changing a 2001 Regen II to an IQ system. Had a motor burn out my controller. Had an IQ controller given to me (a really nice guy). Only thing I have to do is get a new wiring harness. Only problem there is that there aren't any to get!! Apparently the manufacturer of these harnesses for CC went under (from what I was told when I tried to order one). Gonna take a month or so to get one. I think it will be a GREAT improvement over the Regen system when done. Not a whole lot you can do with a Regen system without changing a lot. Will post more when installed.......Anyone got an IQ wiring harness they would like to part with?

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #3
anix
Getting Wild

Good luck.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #4
plivanec
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by anix View Post
I would like to gather enough info to make an informed decision as to whether I want to move ahead with performance mods to mine cart. If you have a CC regen II (not an IQ ) please state if it is stock or list any mods and the effects of those mods. If you changed motors and or controllers please state the manufacturer . I do not want anyone bashing anyones products, just state results. If you did the work for someone else feel free to post the outcome of the build...Thanks
Al
I have a '99 CC DS that I also changed over to an IQ. When I bought the cart, it was trashed, so I bought a new 500amp Alltrax controller (PQ programmed it for my cart) and a PQ executioner motor, along with a HD 400amp solenoid. Put an 8" lift with 14" rims and 23" tires. I did not have to change the wiring harness, just had to re-wire a few things and its effectively an IQ cart now, with no regen and only one solenoid. The controller from alltrax comes with an adapter for the regen system to work with its IQ controller.

I get right at 29mph on flat roads (and the v-glide only goes about 4/5ths of the way up). The cart is really quick. Doesn't have the torque that a series cart would have, but I am ok with that since its got the speed
plivanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
anix
Getting Wild

Plivanec... Thanks, that's the type info I am looking for. I am looking at the same motor. Are you using #4 or #2 cables, What made you go with Alltrax over GE? Did PQ furnish and set up the controller? Have you made any distance rides with it? Do the batteries hold up good at part throttle. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks
Al
Old 05-31-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
plivanec
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by anix View Post
Plivanec... Thanks, that's the type info I am looking for. I am looking at the same motor. Are you using #4 or #2 cables, What made you go with Alltrax over GE? Did PQ furnish and set up the controller? Have you made any distance rides with it? Do the batteries hold up good at part throttle. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks
Al
I have only had it finished for about 2 months, so no long distant rides yet. But I did put new T875 Trojans in as well (6-8V). So batteries are definately not a problem yet.

I mainly went with the Alltrax because, at the time, GE said it would be about 4 months before they could get me the controller I needed. So I just ordered the Alltrax controller through PQ and he set it up for my ride. Could have gotten it for about $50 cheaper online (than through PQ), but I have heard nothing but good things about them, so I decided to pay alittle extra and have it pre-progammed (it was effectively an IQ controller that he programmed for my setup).

Also, I decided to go with 1/0awg cables. I know its over-kill, but better to just go big and not worry about it. Ordered the cable online and made them myself.

And yes, holds up nicely at part throttle. That's what we usually ride at, just because its so fast. At 29mph, it almost starts to get alittle squirrely.
plivanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #7
anix
Getting Wild

Great info..Just what I have been looking for. I don't want to run around at 25-30 all the time either but will be nice to have a little reserve is I need it. I would love hear from some other folk with different set ups just to see how theirs turned out. Thanks again.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #8
anix
Getting Wild

Well pulled the trigger on a PQ executioner. Curious to see how well it preforms.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #9
anix
Getting Wild

WoW... would have thought that there would have been more regen owners mods than this!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car