lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2018, 11:24 AM   #21
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My 36V TXT build.

DFW....one thing I forgot to mention.....you ask about RUNTIME and what to expect.

AFTER I did the drive system upgrade that I have (you can see it in my signature). when it comes to runtime, I equate it to how FAR the cart will run, not how much TIME it lasts. in my case....where I am at everything for the most part is fairly flat....but the "mileage" I get out of a full charge before its REQUIRED to recharge.....about 25-30 ACTUAL MILES.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2018, 02:20 PM   #22
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I get what everyone is saying and I would love to convert the cart to 48v right now, but sadly that is not an option right now. I would rather enjoy it as a 36v for now rather than let it sit in the garage for what could be as long as 6 months while I get through the holidays and save up money for a new power system and batteries.

My goal right now, is kind of an immediate satisfaction route. I got this golf cart on the cheap, have more in the lift, tires and back seat than I do the machine. I would like to get it to a point where I can enjoy it for now. I do not have un-realistic expectations of the cart, I know it's a 36v and that it's going to leave a lot to desire in the performance area, but if I can putt it around our property for a few hours at a time then I feel I will have accomplished my goals for now. At the point where I feel it needs upgraded whether soon or later, then I will figure out what to do. I may decide with the little investment I have that I would be better off to sell it and use the money towards a newer and better unit.

In the mean time, I am super appreciative of any and all advice.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:40 PM   #23
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Just be aware that with the larger tires, your motor will try to draw much more current, resulting in overload of your controller, FNR switch, and solenoid. You will not have any option but to upgrade these components as they fail if you want to keep it rolling, or park/sell it. Those stock components will not hold up to what you will be demanding of them.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:01 PM   #24
R.Boyd
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
I get what everyone is saying and I would love to convert the cart to 48v right now, but sadly that is not an option right now. I would rather enjoy it as a 36v for now rather than let it sit in the garage for what could be as long as 6 months while I get through the holidays and save up money for a new power system and batteries.

My goal right now, is kind of an immediate satisfaction route. I got this golf cart on the cheap, have more in the lift, tires and back seat than I do the machine. I would like to get it to a point where I can enjoy it for now. I do not have un-realistic expectations of the cart, I know it's a 36v and that it's going to leave a lot to desire in the performance area, but if I can putt it around our property for a few hours at a time then I feel I will have accomplished my goals for now. At the point where I feel it needs upgraded whether soon or later, then I will figure out what to do. I may decide with the little investment I have that I would be better off to sell it and use the money towards a newer and better unit.

In the mean time, I am super appreciative of any and all advice.

When you drive it, don't be putting your foot into it evertime you take off etc.. Drive like a grandmother and it'll last longer than it would otherwise.
R.Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:39 AM   #25
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the heads up. I will do my best not to hot dog it.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:44 AM   #26
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I called around last night and found a few sources for batteries. However, most of them were brands I never heard of. The cheapest was $98 a battery and I think they were champion or something like that. The second cheapest was U.S. batteries and they were $600 out the door after taxes, but the girl on the phone didn't know the AH rating. All the others were Interstate or trojan and they all ranged around $800-$1200 for 6 batteries. It's kind of all over the place and I'm having a hard time feeling warm and fuzzy about buying a set.

I called a golf course here in town and they wouldn't tell me where they buy them, but they have all Trojans and they sell them at 3 years for $250 a set for 6v and $400 a set for 8v. They had one set of 6V left right now. They also want my batteries in return. Not sure I want to drop $250 on a set of batteries that might have 2 years left in them.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:20 AM   #27
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I called around last night and found a few sources for batteries. However, most of them were brands I never heard of. The cheapest was $98 a battery and I think they were champion or something like that. The second cheapest was U.S. batteries and they were $600 out the door after taxes, but the girl on the phone didn't know the AH rating. All the others were Interstate or trojan and they all ranged around $800-$1200 for 6 batteries. It's kind of all over the place and I'm having a hard time feeling warm and fuzzy about buying a set.

I called a golf course here in town and they wouldn't tell me where they buy them, but they have all Trojans and they sell them at 3 years for $250 a set for 6v and $400 a set for 8v. They had one set of 6V left right now. They also want my batteries in return. Not sure I want to drop $250 on a set of batteries that might have 2 years left in them.
$250 for 2years compared to $1000 for 5-6 years, personally that doesn't sound like a bad deal even if you bought a set every 2 years from them. If you got those batteries for $250 and they last you another 2-3years you could use that $750 that you saved to upgrade the drive system (controller, solenoid, F&R switch and cables). If they were maintained well they could potentially last you greater that 2 years. Then when those batteries are done you could upgrade to 48v.
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:40 AM   #28
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycason View Post
$250 for 2years compared to $1000 for 5-6 years, personally that doesn't sound like a bad deal even if you bought a set every 2 years from them. If you got those batteries for $250 and they last you another 2-3years you could use that $750 that you saved to upgrade the drive system (controller, solenoid, F&R switch and cables). If they were maintained well they could potentially last you greater that 2 years. Then when those batteries are done you could upgrade to 48v.

You speak of wisdom. Didn't really think about it. I initially just thought of my 2014 batteries that are shot, but I'm pretty sure they were not well taken care of at all. I may swing by there today and talk to them about the batteries and see what they say.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:50 AM   #29
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
You speak of wisdom. Didn't really think about it. I initially just thought of my 2014 batteries that are shot, but I'm pretty sure they were not well taken care of at all. I may swing by there today and talk to them about the batteries and see what they say.
I just went through the whole battery ordeal myself, so I know the struggle.
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:34 AM   #30
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycason View Post
DFW, I would seriously consider bobby's suggestion/option and is a great way to go.....if I were in your shoes, I would go that route myself.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO