lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2020, 04:47 PM   #1
Temmey
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT run time issue

I have a 36 volt 2013 EZGO TXT and recently I can't ride more than 5 minutes before it appears it is running out of battery. It is really sluggish while driving through the yard. The batteries have been tested and are good. I have recently changed out the solenoid and battery cables. When I have the 5 minute ride and go put it back on charge, it charges back up within 15 minutes which is why I am convinced its not a battery problem. Any ideas on what I should check? Could it be the speed controller?
Temmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2020, 07:35 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO TXT run time issue

Did you check the voltage when it's under a load while driving? You need to hook up your Multimeter and look at the pack voltage when under a load.

I don't have the "numbers" for what the voltage should be (drop to) under load.....but others who have more experience in this will hopefully chime in.

But I would check this and report back.

FWIW
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:53 PM   #3
Temmey
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I will look up how to do it and what it needs to read.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:23 PM   #4
Temmey
Not Yet Wild

I checked the voltage to the controller under load. It went up to 32v and I have 37v at the batteries. I checked the speed sensor by pushing the cart and it started beeping and gave resistance, which from what I read, means it is good. Solenoid is new. I put it in diagnostic mode and it gives no code. I am at a loss. Any suggestions?
Old 05-21-2020, 09:40 AM   #5
mgas
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like batteries. Its a classic example. They seem good but under heavy load, one is failing. They don't fail to short, which would just be one battery down. They fail to open. If they are original, definitely batteries. I have seen it in car batteries over the last 40 years.
mgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:17 AM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

2013 TXTs left the factory as 48v carts. Either a typo or your cart isn't a 2013 or you have 36volts worth of batteries in a 48v cart which it won't like.

EZGO changed over to 48v in mid 2010.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts