lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2020, 10:04 AM   #1
Kolassus
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Protect Golf Cart

Hello everyone. I have a 96 Club Car DS 48v golf cart. I have spent a good amount of time rebuilding the cart. I have installed a new motor, speed controller, solenoid, F&R switch, batteries, heavy gauge wiring, etc. I have also installed a 6” lift kit and 23” tires with a street legal lighting kit. It is an entirely different machine from when I bought it.

So with that said, I would like to know the best way to protect the insides from weathering. I plan on doing some lite off-roading in it and want to make sure water or dirt doesn’t corrode or degrade all my hard work. Should I install a bottom plastic protector or something under the batteries to ensure the battery compartment stays dry during muddy outings? Any other advice? Thank you.
Kolassus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2020, 11:14 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Protect Golf Cart

Hi there. You have this posted in the "Gas Columbia Par Car" sub-forum. You want to go ahead and post this in the Electric Club Car Section. You'll get a lot of hits.

Incidentally, along with some vintage Columbias I also have an electric Club Car. A homemade shroud under the cart would do wonders although I have never done it. Heck, most cars have those now.

One thing that I swear by is to slather dielectric grease on all of your electrical connections. It improves conductivity while also protecting the connections from dirt / mud.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 04:29 PM   #3
Kolassus
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Protect Golf Cart

Thank you on both accounts.
Kolassus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48v lifted golf cart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar