lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Default clubcar blown up?

I have this clubcar at work its a 92 it had 150#'s of compression but would run slow, found the throttle cable was loose on the microswitch box.Got it sped up to stock speeds but it got really hot in a bit of time. But now i think i might have melted a piston(might have been aluminum on plug) didn't have time for a compression test yet. anybody know why it would rev fine then i shut it off and now only puts along at 2-3 mph.

I had it on jackstands and it still wouldn't rev up.It has fuel, and it fouled the plug so i put a new one in, still no improvement.They bought the cart not running so who knows what they did to it.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: clubcar blown up?

Sounds like the butterfly came loose and sucked deeper into the carburator and the screws are in pieces and partially embedded in the top of the piston. With the butterfly missing from it's shaft, the engine wont rev.

Pull the air cleaner and look in the throat to see if the butterfly plate is missing from the throttle shaft.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Luckily it wasn't blown, the clevis pin was missing from the throttle cable, used a bolt and nut made sure to loctite it on.Also made the carb SPOTLESS while i had it off. Still have problems with it running real hot unless they normally run really hot.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:21 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

KC it shouldn't be really hot . Hot yeh - it is aircooled....If it is running really lean it will make extra heat. (you got oil?)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

The first day i worked at this place they were trying to tell me the oil light always stayed on cause it was broke, it had NO oil in it it wouldn't even show on the dipstick,filled it below full and did a compression test and got 150psi. Also it seems to be louder than the other carts.

And a little off topic how do the chokes work on clubcars?does it just block off airflow before it even reaches the filter?
Old 09-02-2008, 10:10 PM   #6
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

my 93 is louder than my 98 by a lot?? yes the choke blocks off the air coming into the air box.

Aaron
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car