lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2015, 12:45 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid no control power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakebit View Post
Checked J3 plugged in back of molex plug, had pack voltage at all for sockets, checked J1 socket 9 back of molex, no voltage to switch, checked J4 socket 2 back of molex, no voltage to pedal switch. No voltage to F/R switch.

Any other possibilities besides controller? Would you recommend using a used controller someone might have removed for upgrade or is a new replacement the best option?
Sounds like the circuit inside the controller that provides voltages to the switches, is bad, so the whole controller is bad.

I'd trust a used controller more than a rebuilt one, but would trust a new controller over a used one.

On the other hand, you can get an aftermarket (Alltrax) controller for about the same price as a new PDS controller and up the cart's performance some.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2015, 01:05 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Like someone already said that Manufacture plate came off of a 1997 series cart and was stuck on there.. That kind of stuff makes me nervous.. It is possible that someone upgraded it to a PDS drivetrain but I am guessing that cart is newer than 97. Does it have 4 bolts where the steering column meets the floor ?

As for controllers, if you could find a used one to try that will tell you if a new one would fix your problem. If it does, buy an aftermarket and boost the performance of the cart..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:40 PM   #13
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Like someone already said that Manufacture plate came off of a 1997 series cart and was stuck on there.. That kind of stuff makes me nervous.. It is possible that someone upgraded it to a PDS drivetrain but I am guessing that cart is newer than 97. Does it have 4 bolts where the steering column meets the floor ?

As for controllers, if you could find a used one to try that will tell you if a new one would fix your problem. If it does, buy an aftermarket and boost the performance of the cart..
No, it is a three bolts where the steering column meets the floor.

What does that indicate?
Lakebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:51 AM   #14
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Any thoughts on replacing Curtis controller with an Alltrax NCX 300?

Cart is only used on golf course and friend is not wanting to spend a lot of money.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:35 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A NCX controller is factory programmed for whatever cart set-up the buyer tells Alltrax it is going to be installed in, so what you get is what you've got.

In other words, if you buy a NCX used or from someone other than a factory authorized dealer, it might not be programmed for use in the cart you are putting it into.

On the other hand, DCX and XCT controllers are user programmable, so used ones and gray market ones can be reprogrammed for your specific application.

Other than that, a NCX controller will work just fine.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:22 AM   #16
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
A NCX controller is factory programmed for whatever cart set-up the buyer tells Alltrax it is going to be installed in, so what you get is what you've got.

In other words, if you buy a NCX used or from someone other than a factory authorized dealer, it might not be programmed for use in the cart you are putting it into.

On the other hand, DCX and XCT controllers are user programmable, so used ones and gray market ones can be reprogrammed for your specific application.

Other than that, a NCX controller will work just fine.
Thanks for the reply JohnnieB

No used DCX or Curtis controllers for PDS in the for sale section of BGW and the only used XCT controller I found was for a series cart, so I started looking for the least expensive option to replace my friends controller and get him going

He is not interested in upgrade only golf course use
Old 08-21-2015, 12:55 PM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakebit View Post
No, it is a three bolts where the steering column meets the floor.

What does that indicate?
3 bolts means that it is the old style steering which means before 2001.. Which also means some one upgraded to the PDS setup.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
3 bolts means that it is the old style steering which means before 2001.. Which also means some one upgraded to the PDS setup.
Close, but no cigar.

Jan-2001 was the changeover for the steering, but not PDS.

There were two versions of the PDS in 2000. The early ones (May-2000 and before) had a DCS type F/R control by the driver's knee and the later ones had the rocker switch on the dash.

My guess is that he has a 2000 PDS chassis that somebody put a 1997 body on, but I could be wrong.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:59 AM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well ya know, I knew about the DCS style PDS because I owned a 2000 PDS but didn't know they made a rocker style then as well.. Guess non of that matters because he has what he has and that is what needs fixing.. Thanks jb, I learned something today.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #20
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Close, but no cigar.

Jan-2001 was the changeover for the steering, but not PDS.

There were two versions of the PDS in 2000. The early ones (May-2000 and before) had a DCS type F/R control by the driver's knee and the later ones had the rocker switch on the dash.

My guess is that he has a 2000 PDS chassis that somebody put a 1997 body on, but I could be wrong.
This one has the rocker switch by leg between driver and passenger, not on dash, also mounted vertical not horizontal like my Precedent.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO