lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2018, 05:35 AM   #11
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: question about wiring

That's a lot of amperage for that little ignition switch so be careful not to burn it up.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2018, 07:27 AM   #12
LouisC
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
That's a lot of amperage for that little ignition switch so be careful not to burn it up.....
I hooked up three wires with 20 amp fuses each - probably overdid it...One is from my reducer...one is from my 48v battery indicator - and one was from the harness (I believe)...
I have another question, while I have your ear, - Is it possible to hook-up the 9-pin connector (from the turn signal indicator) into the main harness - upside down (180°) ?
LouisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 01:17 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisC View Post
I hooked up three wires with 20 amp fuses each - probably overdid it...One is from my reducer...one is from my 48v battery indicator - and one was from the harness (I believe)...
I have another question, while I have your ear, - Is it possible to hook-up the 9-pin connector (from the turn signal indicator) into the main harness - upside down (180°) ?
The connector is keyed so I do not believe you can connect it 180 out....
Old 04-25-2018, 01:21 PM   #14
LouisC
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
The connector is keyed so I do not believe you can connect it 180 out....
So would it make a difference as to how the relay 48v and 12v wires are connected?
Old 04-25-2018, 10:05 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I am sorry I am not sure what you are asking(?) (Been a loooonnngggg day )
Old 04-26-2018, 03:22 AM   #16
LouisC
Getting Wild

So I disconnected the harness from the turn signal indicator to the main harness and you were right NoleFan4Ever...it only goes on one way. Replaced all my fuses in the ignition "junction box" with 5 amp fuses. Checked all my connections - all OK. Relay from ultimate light kit gets me confused because the wires are not the same color as what the instructions say. The main harness has 4 wires with (2) larger female spade connectors and (2) smaller female spade connectors - I tried every possible combination of connecting these wires to the relay and - Boom - NOTHING. Very Frustrating....I guess the next step is to make sure I have power coming to the turn signal indicator from the main harness, which I think I can test with a DC auto circuit tester ???
Old 04-26-2018, 07:25 AM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yes, a DC test probe will be your best friend right now. Without seeing it I would be hesitant to guess at it, but you are thinking the right direction. Another thing I would try is to call the supplier and let them walk you through it since they designed it and established the color coding of their wiring.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:03 AM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You have the correct relay, the wires colors are irrelevant.

The 2 small 3/16" quick connectors provide +48v when the key switch is ON.

The 2 larger 1/4" quick connectors switch the +12v positive wire ON/OFF to the brake pedal switch.

It makes no difference which way You plug them on the relay, as long as the 3/16" goes on a 3/16" tab and the 1/4" goes on a 1/4" tab.

Remember, that relay is only for the brake pedal switch and totally redundant if your DC converter only provides +12v when the key switch is ON.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #19
LouisC
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If You have the correct relay, the wires colors are irrelevant.

The 2 small 3/16" quick connectors provide +48v when the key switch is ON.

The 2 larger 1/4" quick connectors switch the +12v positive wire ON/OFF to the brake pedal switch.

It makes no difference which way You plug them on the relay, as long as the 3/16" goes on a 3/16" tab and the 1/4" goes on a 1/4" tab.

Remember, that relay is only for the brake pedal switch and totally redundant if your DC converter only provides +12v when the key switch is ON.
OK so now if my Brake pedal 10 amp breaker & Delay Timer are not wired correctly - THIS could be my entire problem ??? AND is there only one way to connect this up correctly???
Old 04-26-2018, 08:31 PM   #20
LouisC
Getting Wild

I'm back at a stand still...I've checked every connection from the turn signal connection to the main harness to the relay to the breaker and delay timer. Everything from what I can see is connected properly. I'm thinking that the main harness is not powering the turn signal. I guess I'm going to check with my light probe all 9 little holes - should I connect the alligator clip to the 48v B- or to the 12v fuse block negative ??? Still Frustrated and I'm going to have to take out Batteries 3 and 4 to retrace things from the reducer...But my 12v LED lights work ? I don't know what to think anymore.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car