lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2018, 05:20 PM   #1
porkenstein
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Believe failing solenoid

I think my solenoid is getting weak but don't want to shotgun parts so just need some advice. I have a 2013 Club Car electric. Sometimes when I try to go nothing happens for a second or so and then I hear a click and everything is fine. Especially does it after sitting all night. When this happens the battery light turns on until I hear the click. Batteries are new by the way. Am I on the right track. It always does run fine after the click. Thanks in advance.
porkenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2018, 05:43 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Believe failing solenoid

Could be the MCOR failing and not providing the voltage. In either case, test the 2 small terminals on the solenoid for 48v + and 48v - with it in forward and the key on. If you are getting the voltage to the solenoid then it is either bad or sticking internally....

Be sure to jack the cart up if testing so if something engages accidentally it does not run off on you....

And you can test the MCOR by unplugging the two pin connector from the MCOR and jump out the connector with a paper clip or a small piece of wire. It should be a blue wire and green wire connector. If it runs with the jumper in place, your MCOR has failed.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:32 PM   #3
porkenstein
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok thanks. Since it's real intermittent would testing the MCOR that way mean anything?
Old 05-01-2018, 06:53 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If you do that there should be no intermittency.... In either case, you will need to duplicate the problem to find the issue with these test.

Its about like the proverbial "How do you eat an Elephant? (One bite at a time!)"
Old 05-06-2018, 08:04 AM   #5
porkenstein
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks. It ended up being a weak solenoid which in my case is ok as I am going to be upgrading motor, cables etc so I needed to get a new heavy duty solenoid anyway. Think I am going to get the Plum Quick Bandit. would like the assassin but not sure if I can afford it or if I need to go that far. I live in a 55+ retirement community and don't want to scare all the old farts who live here but would be fun. Any other suggestions on motors other than Plum Quick would be appreciated. They definitely seem like the best bang for the buck.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:19 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Get the Alltrax XCT400IQ controller and HD solenoid. You won't need anything else for 22-23mph and great acceleration from the stock motor
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:09 AM   #7
porkenstein
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Wow. Had no idea that the controller could give me what I wanted. A few more questions then. I have an Excel controller according to my serial number starting with PQ. Will this be a plug and play or will I need different wiring. Just wondering how complicated it will be to install. Thanks
Old 05-06-2018, 09:43 AM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

It is plug&play and is completely programmable with the Alltrax Tool Kit.

And I would upgrade my cables to 2 gauge when I swapped out the controller.
Old 05-06-2018, 01:34 PM   #9
porkenstein
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Already upgraded to 2 gauge welding cables with sold copper fittings. Will call ScottyB business on Monday and see what we can do. Thanks for all the advice from everyone.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car