lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #11
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: I have what I think is 2006 club car electric and have had a lot of trouble with

Cart Picture? Looks like an old precedent from above, but a pic of the cart will tell the story...
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2018, 04:27 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: I have what I think is 2006 club car electric and have had a lot of trouble with

Yes, you have a Precedent so we know that and it is a Sepex cart....

Since you are not getting a click from under the pedal/floorboard area, we can ascertain you probably have a bad MCOR microswitch. It should click and then the solenoid in back should right behind it when it closes in.

Unplug the two pin connector from the MCOR and jump out the connector with a paper clip or a small piece of wire. It will be a blue wire and green wire connector. If it runs with the jumper in place, then your MCOR has failed.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:34 PM   #13
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is the run/tow switch in “tow”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:48 AM   #14
ehampson
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
Is the run/tow switch in “tow”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not normally only when dealing with batteries, turning on the ignition key has no noticeable effect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ehampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:53 AM   #15
ehampson
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Yes, you have a Precedent so we know that and it is a Sepex cart....

Since you are not getting a click from under the pedal/floorboard area, we can ascertain you probably have a bad MCOR microswitch. It should click and then the solenoid in back should right behind it when it closes in.

Unplug the two pin connector from the MCOR and jump out the connector with a paper clip or a small piece of wire. It will be a blue wire and green wire connector. If it runs with the jumper in place, then your MCOR has failed.

MCOR? Jump out the connector? sorry I don’t follow. Where is the MCOR and if it can run with it disconnected why is it there?

ehampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:19 AM   #16
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehampson View Post
MCOR? Jump out the connector? sorry I don’t follow. Where is the MCOR and if it can run with it disconnected why is it there?

It is under your floor board. The Go Pedal has a linkage hooked to it. Black Box a couple inches long.

It runs because you have a jumper installed and have bypassed the microswitch....(since you don't hear it clicking, we assume it is bad. This test verifies that)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car