lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2021, 03:42 PM   #1
TRPetr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 04 TXT charging harness?

I have looked at several posts regarding the 3 wires from the charging receptacle on the cart and the function of each. I know that the white and black wires go to battery terminals and the red wire with the spade plug connects to the F/R switch. My question is on the red wire and must it be connected for the charger to function? I am in the process of restoring this cart, and just finished putting POR15 on the frame. The batteries are back in, but have not been on a charger for about 4 weeks. I am not in a position to restore the rest of the wiring as I still need some components (controller heat sink for one). I connected all the batteries and the charger receptacle without connecting the red wire. Charger would not come on. Is there some way to bypass the red wire function for the charger?

This is a 36 v series cart, motor is at PlumQuick
TRPetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2021, 06:19 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 04 TXT charging harness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRPetr View Post
I have looked at several posts regarding the 3 wires from the charging receptacle on the cart and the function of each. I know that the white and black wires go to battery terminals and the red wire with the spade plug connects to the F/R switch. My question is on the red wire and must it be connected for the charger to function? I am in the process of restoring this cart, and just finished putting POR15 on the frame. The batteries are back in, but have not been on a charger for about 4 weeks. I am not in a position to restore the rest of the wiring as I still need some components (controller heat sink for one). I connected all the batteries and the charger receptacle without connecting the red wire. Charger would not come on. Is there some way to bypass the red wire function for the charger?

This is a 36 v series cart, motor is at PlumQuick
The red wire disables the cart when the charger is plugged in, unless the reed switch has been bypassed. Other than that, it has nothing to do with the charger.

The charger has to sense about 30V from the battery pack to turn on. The battery sensing is by the auxiliary contact in the plug touching the outside of the negative radsok.

Attached is a picture of the charge receptacle and plug with tops off. Reed switch has been bypassed (red wire) and aux contact touching negative radsok circled.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2460 aux contact circled.jpg (294.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:07 PM   #3
TRPetr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks

I will give that a try tomorrow
Old 01-24-2021, 10:22 AM   #4
TRPetr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No reed switch within my receptacle. I guess I will have to get some more stuff attached so that charger will charge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg All Photos - 1 of 1 (1).jpg (85.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-24-2021, 11:16 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Only need white and black wires to charge. If your charger isn’t working then you have a problem with your charger
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:00 PM   #6
TRPetr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It’s working now. May have been operator error.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO