lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2009, 07:05 AM   #11
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Newbie looking for tips

If your going to get a cart get one that is as new as possible or you can afford. If your set on electric get one that has a controller and not resisters.
parts for ezgo and club car are abundant. get a cart with new or newer batteries. Don't buy one that's not running, you can easily end up with more trying to get it running than a couple of them are worth.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #12
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravyd View Post
Are any of the big 3 particually easier or cheaper to work on? Here is a pic of one I have been emailing a guy on, All he knows is its a 94 ezgo, needs batteries and charger. Anyone care to suggest a dollar amout it might be worth?

I know 3 car batteries are not suppose to be used, but could you temporarily hook them up just to test drive it and verify it does work?
IMHO the most golf carts made are by EZGO followed by ClubCar then Yamaha which means more parts are available for EZGO than anything else.
The cart you posted could be a Marathon or Medalist model, the Marathon has 2 sets of 3 6v batteries on each side of the cart while the Medalist is a set clustered together in the center. Others here know way more than I on this model and will likely correct me.
I believe both are series Non DCS carts and are well suited for any upgrades you may want to make in future.
Needing batteries ($650 Trojans) and a charger ($300 new) I would guess the value of this cart in depending on cosmetic condition to be around $400-$900.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:13 AM   #13
THOLLAND911
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I am partial to the ezgo because I can weld on the frame if I have to do repairs or replace rusted out metal on the projects I get. and cc has aluminum frames which has its advantages to(no rust). I try to stick with 1996 through 2001 there just seems to be a unlimited supply of parts for them.
THOLLAND911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO