lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #11
BTCDC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: need a wire diagram for a '76 electric ezgo

Here are some pics of my '76 EZ GO Help me put this thing back together. hllon4whls you were correct in saying that if I wire brushed the Aluminum cover I would find the markings for the motor, sure couldn't see them with the "NAKED EYE" Good call.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart1.JPG (84.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg cart2.JPG (77.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg cart3.JPG (80.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg cart4.JPG (65.0 KB, 22 views)
BTCDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #12
BTCDC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re:'76 ez go need help wiring, with pics

Here are pics,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart1.JPG (84.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg cart2.JPG (77.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg cart3.JPG (80.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg cart4.JPG (65.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #13
BTCDC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Any luck out there? I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #14
BTCDC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Is there a way to test the motor to make sure that it is working? I have tried to combine the diagrams to see if I can get this thing to do something, only success I've had so far is making sparks.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #15
BTCDC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So is everyone stumped on this one? can't seem to figure this thing out.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:00 PM   #16
hllon4whls
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCDC View Post
Is there a way to test the motor to make sure that it is working? I have tried to combine the diagrams to see if I can get this thing to do something, only success I've had so far is making sparks.
Sure. Take all 4 leads off the motor, put the A and S fields in series and test with a 12v battery. The motor should spin on jack stands. I say take one 12v because you don't want to over rev the motor.

Your S posts are your stator posts = stationary and higher current - lower ohms.
Your A posts are your armature posts = spin around and lower current - higher ohms.

You'll need an ohm meter to read and they will be close to a short. On mine a 400ohm scale with only one digit to the right of the decimal, I get .1 and .3 ohms for each of the coils.
hllon4whls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #17
hllon4whls
Not Yet Wild

I checked your pictures and your cart is wired exactly like mine. I don't see anything wrong.

Without anything on small terminals on the solenoid, do you get a spark when you hook up that last cable? If you do your solenoid is stuck closed.

If you don't get a spark, move on to put 24-36 volts across your solenoid small terminals, you should get a click and the wheels should turn, even without the pedal depressed.

If you hold one wheel and spin the other, the motor should turn over by hand. It should spin fairly easy once you overcome the mass.

Motor might be fine and the brakes frozen. The motor has a bearing in the snout, so you can put it on the ground to try it out if you think something in the rear has a bind. Hold it down because its going to JUMP, esp if you try that at 36v. At 36v you should really strap it down.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #18
BTCDC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So does the bottom wire of the F/R switch go to the last positve terminal? If so then no I don't get a click, spark or any other sign of life. I put a second wire coming off the batt. to cross the small terminals on the soleniod, NOTHING. Could the soleniod be bad?
It is jacked up and the wheels spin free, you can not push this thing though. if you spin the rear wheels they turn in opposite directions and if you hold one you can not spin the other. The motor is flexing with the torque, but not spinning. I want to try to get this thing to move before putting juice to to.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #19
BTCDC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I also need to know where the small terminals on the soleniod go. One goes to a micro switch directly below it and the wire coming out of the miro switch is diconnected, the second teminal a wire comes directly off of it and disconneted.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #20
hllon4whls
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCDC View Post
So does the bottom wire of the F/R switch go to the last positve terminal? If so then no I don't get a click, spark or any other sign of life. I put a second wire coming off the batt. to cross the small terminals on the soleniod, NOTHING. Could the soleniod be bad?
It is jacked up and the wheels spin free, you can not push this thing though. if you spin the rear wheels they turn in opposite directions and if you hold one you can not spin the other. The motor is flexing with the torque, but not spinning. I want to try to get this thing to move before putting juice to to.
Yes, the bottom terminal of the switch goes the positive battery terminal, just as you have it.

You answered one question. You have a bind in your drive train. It seems like it is your motor. If you hold one tire and cant spin the other, thats not right. Take the motor off and see if the same thing happens. If you spin one tire and the other spins backwards, thats normal. When you hold the opposite tire or turn both tires in the same direction, thats when you turn the motor.

As far as the solenoid goes, leave one heavy battery lead off and try the solenoid again. You need a ground and a positive. Don't wire through any of the switches, just to see what your solenoid is doing. You have 2 switches that you have to activate to activate the solenoid when normally wired. IF you look at the knob side of the selector switch, the one on the left is the safety switch and the one on the right is for the reverse tone. There is also one at the wiper switch that engages the solenoid when you move the pedal just slightly.

I think your motor is frozen or broken, so you don't want to put current to it. It would be a dead short.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO