lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
johnei
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Old Truck, low power, smokes/burning, need Help

Hi, my cart/truck had good power, all of a sudden it lost power and the go pedal (gas pedal if it were gas) when pressed about 3/4 down just shuts off the power. So I have to drive around with the go pedal about 50% depressed. It barely has enough power to move itself around and will not climb any kind of incline. Thats where the smoking came from, I was barely move up an incline when it started to smoke in back, in the second picture there is some curved wires, top left of pic that were the source of the smoke.
It is a model 875-56660887, I have no idea what year it is, I would guess old, 1980s??? It has a 2,500 load limit, about 4,100 pounds gross. It is 36 volt. The batteries are fully charged, driving this does not drain them very much. I have 37 volts at rest and 33-34 volts under load. I looked under the seat, nothing there but brake and steering stuff.
Any help would be appreciated,
John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yellow cart 002.jpg (86.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ezgo 002.jpg (91.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg ezgo2 001.jpg (93.7 KB, 5 views)
johnei is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
rusty1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Old Truck, low power, smokes/burning, need Help

probably the highspeed solenoid is bad just guessing never seen 1 of these before the smoke and the burning is the resistor coils doing exactly what they are supposed to do reduce voltage only at WOT are the coils out of the system
rusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO