lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
uhpilot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Taking cart to dealer for work

I've decided to just have my Dad take my cart ('04 pds 4ga 36v) to the ezgo place in Jackson, MS to get it looked at. He's gonna drop it off Sat and I'll pick it up on my way back down there in a few weeks.

Unless they find something else:

I'm going have a new contoller and motor installed. Not sure which ones yet but I want torque not speed.

Any suggestions please???? They said they could pretty much get whatever I wanted.

I'm also having them check all the batteries, since I bought 'em there a few weeks ago, just to make sure one them doesnt happen to be bad.

Is there anything else I should have them look at or that I might need to upgrade because of the controller/motor change that you guys can think of?

I know I could save money doing it myself. But I only have a few days when I go down there and I want to spend it in a treestand not working on the cart. Plus my dad doesn't exactly have a ton of tools nor a garage.

Thanks
uhpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Taking cart to dealer for work

I would add a controller only. Alltrax DCX400 for the PDS - You don't need a motor, unless it is bad. Controllers are an easy replacement to do yourself...

I doubt if they can sell you one at the price we have them on our online store? Not trying to take biz away from the shop, but I've never been a big fan of the motor / controller swaps for light use...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
uhpilot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Mike, I'm not sure if you saw my earlier post - http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-up-hills.html

But I'm not sure what it is. I don't know if the motor is going bad or not. And I would like more torque anyway. It supposedly has a 400amp curtis in it now although if I had to bet, it's probably some rebuilt one.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This is why we do not reccommend lifting a PDS. They have no torque. Especially with the PEED chip in them. Unless it is an upgraded controller, you do not have a 400 amp. If it is a refurbed stock controller, made to be a 400 amp, well those are a JOKE. I have a whole shelf of those the didn't work / last more than a few months...

Alltrax is where it is

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
uhpilot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That's kinda what I figured it was, some refurbed one. Looks just like a stock curtis but has a label (like a homemade gum label) on the bottom that says 400 amp.

It doesn't have the speed "chip", it has the steep hill. But there is absolutly no regen braking though.

Since I'm stuck with this lifted PDS what would be my best option for more torque. (That's why I was going contoller and motor) Would 400 amp be enough or should/can I go higher.

I just want to get it right. I was taking it to them just in case it were some wiring issue or throttle sensor or whatever.

Or can you just not get any torque out of a PDS no matter what you do
Old 10-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Ask the dealer to explain to you why your battery voltage is dropping so low under load.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #7
uhpilot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Ask them to explain to you why your battery voltage is dropping so low under load.
That's why I'm going to leave my multimeter hooked up so they can see what I'm talking about. Plus if it is one THEIR new batteries gone bad they can take of it.

Wish I had it here with me so I could check some things out but......
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO