lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #41
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Electric EZGO upgrade

What have you looked at so far and what kind of prices are being asked?
Maybe we can help with some comparisons.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #42
TDOG
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansser View Post
they still make series carts brand new
Pansser, FYI, it is my understanding that there are no more Series cars. When E-Z-GO came out with the 48 volt PDS they stopped production of the 36 volt series. When I go to the E-Z-GO website, I can't find any info on the 36 volt series car. Maybe a dealer could enlighten me.
TDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #43
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just keeping my eyes open on Craigs list for a stock cart I can build up. I am am hoping to find one in the $1500-$2000 range, cheaper if I am lucky. I am in no big hurry, so I have found out in the past that if I am patient one will show up. Just not sure about the whole series or sepex thing yet. I know that the first thing I will do is put on a lift, 22' tires and upgrade the wiring to 4 gauge (which reading posts makes a noticeable difference) I guess the decision on the motor is where I stiil have questions is I know for my application torque is the most important but I do not want a slow cart either, Where is the perfect middle?
chasenfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:11 PM   #44
dougmcp
Gone Wild

At $1500 + $300 for a lift, $100 for cables, $500 for a controller, $600 for wheels and tires, $400 for a rear seat = $3400. You should be able to find one already done with the kinks worked out for less.
There's quite a few in your area:
http://mobile.craigslist.org/rvs/1587587868.html
http://mobile.craigslist.org/rvs/1587559980.html
http://mobile.craigslist.org/spo/1584239752.html
http://mobile.craigslist.org/spo/1581308596.html
http://mobile.craigslist.org/rvs/1563685293.html

Have you gone out and looked at any of these? One of the guys seems to be a dealer of sorts. They all seem to be in your price range and those are just the asking prices. Offers of 20%-30% less than they area asking is not uncommon.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #45
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am trying to work all the technical bugs out here before starting my first one. I just retired from the Coast Guard after 26 years in December. I am looking to possibly buy used carts lift them, add larger tires and whatever else is needed electrically to make them sound and resell them locally ( this is why I am so curious about the series vs sepex motors) for hunting carts. I live in Alabama and as you probably know deer hunting is huge here, and electric carts seem to be the up and coming thing. I am not trying to make a killing on these, just enough to offset my retirement pay. That is why I am trying to figure out how to build a dependable lifted buggie at the least expense. Also any input would be greatly appreciated on preferred lift styles/prices.
chasenfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #46
xlr
Not Yet Wild

I just added 4 guage wires, HD F/R switch, Alltrax 400 amp controller, , and HD solenniod with pre-charge resistor and diode this past week to my 2004 EZGO series cart with 22" tires and stock motor. Definite improvement in torque, ?maybe speed.

Mike at MMT and Chuck? at Alltrax were great to work with and always available by phone. Its a great project, just print out your wiring diagrams fom Alltrax before you start.

Last edited by xlr; 02-09-2010 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: typing error
xlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #47
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

doug, you right on. bought my 1998 medalist/txt in august and did the same math. came out a tad cheaper , but very close.

imho. buy a txt and modify any you want. it will look as good as well as you want it to and run as fast as you want for the least money. jim
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:07 PM   #48
ssdane
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Why not try this? Buy one of each series cart, and a pds. Equip each the same and compare the two. This will enable both you and your potential customers to be able to choose which one is better suited for your's or their use! As for lift kits, Jakes or Allsports makes them but IMHO EZGO is the best bang for the buck! MMT and SB can help you out alot with the small problems. Hope this might help, but in the long-run I think you will have to do like the rest of us; take the plunge, skin your knuckles, and go with your "gut feeling!" Good Luck!
ssdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:14 PM   #49
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr View Post
I just added 4 guage wires, HD F/R switch, Alltrax 400 amp controller, , and HD solenniod with pre-charge resistor and diode this past week to my 2004 EZGO series cart with 22" tires and stock motor. Definite improvement in torque, ?maybe speed.

Mike at MMT and Chuck? at Alltrax were great to work with and always available by phone. Its a great project, just print out your wiring diagrams fom Alltrax before you start.
xlr, How much did these options cost you, and where did you get them? I have a 04 series cart.
Thanks
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #50
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeerman View Post
xlr, How much did these options cost you, and where did you get them? I have a 04 series cart.
Thanks
Here's where he got it all: http://www.mikesmotortoys.com/
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO