lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2010, 10:49 PM   #11
DANIMALISTIK08
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Refurbish Old Batteries??????

I bought a 97 ezgo with original batteries from 97 and all read 4 volt or under. I cleaned the batteries. I topped them off with the epsom salts solution after heating it too 150 deg in micro so it dissovled into the water (distilled water). I shook each battery to mix the solution around inside really well, let them sit for 2 days and then charged each one at a time with 6 volt charger and I let them sit again for 2 days and charged each one again. I put them in the cart and charged them with a 36 volt charger and presto. I have been running them for 2 months now and no problems. They probably don't last as long as a brand new ones would but I only have to charge it up once every 2 weeks or so. I traveling about 2 miles a day up and down slight hills. I think it worked for me. All I know is I haven't had to shell out 600-800 bucks for new batts yet. Just my 2 cents.
DANIMALISTIK08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #12
Wynelocked
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIMALISTIK08 View Post
I bought a 97 ezgo with original batteries from 97 and all read 4 volt or under. I cleaned the batteries. I topped them off with the epsom salts solution after heating it too 150 deg in micro so it dissovled into the water (distilled water). I shook each battery to mix the solution around inside really well, let them sit for 2 days and then charged each one at a time with 6 volt charger and I let them sit again for 2 days and charged each one again. I put them in the cart and charged them with a 36 volt charger and presto. I have been running them for 2 months now and no problems. They probably don't last as long as a brand new ones would but I only have to charge it up once every 2 weeks or so. I traveling about 2 miles a day up and down slight hills. I think it worked for me. All I know is I haven't had to shell out 600-800 bucks for new batts yet. Just my 2 cents.
I've done this since my last post.Six more batterys brought back to life.In my opinion...this does work.I have'nt used them long enought to debate longivity of this fix.All I know is that is definately revives a weak battery.
Wynelocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #13
navara20030
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Based in the UK, we are 10 years behind you guys. Battery power on golf carts is now at 95% of all sales. We have a huge end of lease problem, pre-owned electric golf cars are really difficult to sell. There is no confidence in buying used electric carts due to the expected battery replacement costs. We studied various de-sulphating devices and found the BATT RECON.

We imported the BATT-RECON de-sulphating unit into the UK from LA, an excellent product. The electrolyte remains untouched and the unit produces high amperage pulses to remove the sulphates from the plates using ultrasonic pulses. Removing the sulphates from the lead plates shortens charging times and increases the capacity of the battery, a batteries life can be extended by 2 - 3 years. All this can be achieved in 30 minutes
Check out the BATT-RECON website www.battrecon.com or our website www.customgolfcars.co.uk

The guys at BATT RECON will provide all the information needed, I have successfully re-energised 'graveyard' batteries that have been junk in the yard for 2 years!!!
There may be a service agent in your area, check it out, well worth a look!!!

Remember, everything has a shelf life. Like an engine batteries wear out, if the internal structure of the battery is corroded, shorted, damaged or the lead plate are worn, no liquid, serum, potion or de-sulphating will repair the battery.

The video link below explains how it works

We are now in the process of establishing BATT RECON agents throughout the UK and Ireland. Having demonstrated the product to golf courses and golf cart dealers, we have proven that the unit works successfully.

The BATT RECON is now part of our service program, the de-sulphating is like changing the oil on your truck. The capacity of the batteries remain consistant.
navara20030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO