lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2010, 07:28 AM   #1
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Brake Pedal Break Down

Heys guys, I was looking through my manuals and I can not find a picture of the brake pedal area that shows for one with stock brake lights. The customer brought the cart to me, but the bottom pad it missing, the contact switch is still in place along with the wires, but missing the pad. I am not sure what else could be possibly be missing besides that. I would think there is some sort of spring that would be there as well. 99 EZGO Freedom PDS. Thanks

Mark
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brake Pedal Break Down

Hey Mark. Not sure this will help but it's all I could find with a quick search. I'll keep looking. BTW, I think maybe your 99 is a DCS??? Don't think PDS came out until 2000 model year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brake_w-lights.jpg (54.3 KB, 30 views)
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
dougmcp
Gone Wild

pggroves has the right drawing. The item #15 is on both sides of the brake pedal and has return springs on/around them to push it off the microswitch.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Well that is what I thought, but it states PDS on the side and I can not find a serial number on it anywhere, the plate is still there just no markings that can be read, and one of the leads has a passed in 99 tag on it, course the lights may have been added later and there fore the tag. You are correct found tag finally D300

I am also going to add a pic to this thread, got the pedal fixed, just purchased new one and installed, but come to find out the rear shackles are not attached

Interesting stuff working on other carts at times, makes you wonder....

Is this just a quick weld fix? Not a welder, but got a neighbor who can hook me up! If it possible.

PG Thanks for the picture, none of my manuals had that pic, that is the one I was looking for.

Mark
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #5
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Glad you got it going. Yes, strange things seen sometimes on others carts. Just curious but where is the FNR on this cart? Some very early PDS carts had the FNR lever by the driver's knee instead of the rocker on the dash.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO