lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #21
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ez go trouble

Make sure you change EVERY cable with new. If the cart runs then slows down, it may be a controller issue. But you also have 5 year old batteries. The F/R contacts may also be worn...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #22
bonecollector123
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom carts View Post
chage your f and r switch if its get hot
where is the f-r switch if your talking about the handle where you switch it does not get hot I feel stupid because I know nothing about these things and I customize trucks I have worked on grave digger for petesakes once I figure this thing out I will be good
bonecollector123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #23
bonecollector123
Not Yet Wild

I found the model #g2097 and the seriel #is 1031083 I cant find the sticky that tells you what year and model I have
Old 02-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #24
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's a 1997

Old 02-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #25
bonecollector123
Not Yet Wild

Can I buy a better controler for this thing to help with performance and how much do they usually cost I am gonna order new batteries from the interstate guy who comes by my shop between those and the new wires I should be strieght I can't really smell the burning any more and after about a half hour the battery gauge is at half so maybe they are part of the trouble I am having THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS IF YOU EVER NEED HELP WITH YOUR TRUCKS LET ME KNOW
Old 02-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #26
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you need the batteries first, then see what the performance is like with a fresh pack!

Old 02-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #27
bonecollector123
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Sounds like you need the batteries first, then see what the performance is like with a fresh pack!
Do these things usually handle trail riding through the woods and stuff when everything is in good shape
Old 02-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #28
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes. If in good shape they are not a problem trail riding. TXTs are actually good for this use. Take the black cover off the box closest to the passenger side. THis is the cover that encloses the f/r switch. Drive the cart and then feel each copper stud. Watch out as if one is lose (poor connection) it will burn the sheet out of you. Check the connection at the nut, if it is lose it will build heat fast. If the studs are worn they too will produce heat.
Paxdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #29
bonecollector123
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxdad View Post
Yes. If in good shape they are not a problem trail riding. TXTs are actually good for this use. Take the black cover off the box closest to the passenger side. THis is the cover that encloses the f/r switch. Drive the cart and then feel each copper stud. Watch out as if one is lose (poor connection) it will burn the sheet out of you. Check the connection at the nut, if it is lose it will build heat fast. If the studs are worn they too will produce heat.
Cool thanks that box gets warm and the big box gets hot to I am gonna put bigger cables on all of those to it's doing better with just changing the battery cables but it's still getting hot Interstate is dropping off new batteries friday 50.00 each so that's not bad
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO