lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2010, 03:44 PM   #11
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Recovering Seats

Nice Job Curly, My brother just picked up some marine vinyl and we are going to recover both of ours in the near future. Thanks for all of your input.
chasenfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #12
Cheesy
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasenfish16 View Post
Thanks Cheesy that was very informative.
No Problem Bud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly33333 View Post
The seat on my cart was torn and the wood was rotten. After reading Cheesy's thread it was an easy project. I bought some marine grade vinyl off of ebay for $7, about 200 staples, 1/2 plywod (I had laying around), and some fusion paint (best paint for plastics).
I first traced the old bottom to the plywood, cut with jigsaw and holesawed some holes for air to excape. I used the old foam and did just what Cheesy did (thanks man). I repainted the hip restraints with krylon fusion. My corners didn't come out as nice as his but for the price and the finish product I'm satisfied.
Curly.... Nice Job! Glad to see my thread proved to be usefull, and come in handy! As mentioned in my thread.... It tends to be more of an art, as I'm sure you noticed. Even a few creases look 300% better than a fold in my eyes. If I remember way back when, that was far better than my first ever attempt. After a couple more seats, I'm sure you'll nail it, and everyone will be asking you for assistance! Very Nice!
Cheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #13
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Looks good, after a few times of sittin on the seat, those edges will be forgotten about, looks great.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:55 PM   #14
Chisoxguy13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you for this post. Was looking at covers to buy or taking the seats in to get covered here in town. The wife is good with a sewing maching so we are gonna take a stab at doing them ourselves with black/white seats. Might take the center stripes in to get embroidered with a SOX logo if it's not too outragious.
Chisoxguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:33 AM   #15
docaz
Not Yet Wild

I covered the seats on my bosses Yamaha. He wanted them covered with carpet. Yep, regular floor carpet. It wasn't real easy, but not too difficult either. The corners were the hardest part, but it turned out rather nice,He was quite pleased.
docaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO