lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #31
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ebay 5'' lift kit

Look at the lift kits this way.As long as the welds look decent,there is no way you'll ever crush the tubing unless you drive it off a cliff,which at that point the kit is the least concern!LOL.We had a fleet of car-hauler tractor-trailers and the trailers are mostly 1/8" and 3/16" wall tubing,so its' gonna take what we can give them,again,as long as the welds hold.I've seen a ton of these Ebay kits and all of them have been decent,so I wouldn't worry.The only thing they tend to get you on is the hardware,claiming all grade-8 for safety and they end up a mix of gr.2 and 5.Realistically grade 5 will be more than enough.Enjoy!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2011, 12:11 AM   #32
jlloyd
Getting Wild

anybody ever had to cut off relocate and reweld the upper coil spring mounting seat when installing a rear coil spring lift? i tried to install the rear block under the coil spring but it looks like droping the swing arm/axel down 5'' changes the pitch of the spring mounts and they dont line up... anybody else ever had this happen?
jlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:04 AM   #33
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Yup,one downfall of the coils is that the angle increases.I drop my swing-arms down 1/2 of the lift height at the front to ease the angle on everything(carb,cables,coils,etc..)This year I redid some stuff on mine and since I have a TXT body I had moved the swing-arm back when I dropped the swing-arm,so this time I also moved the upper-coil mounts back a little to ease the angle somemore.Hope this helps.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #34
jlloyd
Getting Wild

how do you move the front swing arm mounts down? do you have any pics of this process?
Old 05-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #35
jlloyd
Getting Wild

ok another question i have is, what keeps the swing arm from dropping down and the coil spring from falling out when you jack up the cart, the shocks? i went to napa and looked at the gabriel 81676 shocks but they measure from11 1/4'' to 17 3/4''.... my coil spring in its fully extended position is 11 3/4'' long plus lift height, if i use 4'' lift kit, tht puts me at 15 3/4 mount to mount fully extended......would'nt the shocks just push the swing arm down and let the coil spring fall out?
Old 05-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #36
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The shocks keep the springs in,but you need to jack the cart up and find out how much droop it has before the coils get loose,probably a few more inches than your ride height.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #37
jlloyd
Getting Wild

ok thanks pachanga, im going to just order the 4'' lift kit (i returned the 5'' kit i had yesterday) when i get the new kit in the mail i'll just see what kind of mods. ill have to do then. but how were you saying you dropped the front of the swing arm? my brackets are on round tube
Old 05-21-2011, 09:26 PM   #38
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I'll try to post some pics,but you make some shackle-plates and weld them to the swing-arm ears and bolt thru the shackle into the bushings.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO