lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1995 Ds Good or Bad???

I got some spray paint
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #12
Gutty224
Not Yet Wild

Will let you know tomorrow.... I too hope it is silver!!! But if not it will see something different soon
Gutty224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
oh the dreaded black controller run david run.................lolol................i hope he post that its the silver one..............................
No... not "THAT" black controller. Another one.... I'm assuming you're referring to the Regen1 controller. I'm actually referring to a series 225A controller. They only used it for 16 weeks. It had different wiring and worked with a 0-5K V-Glide as opposed to the 5K-0 in the newer stuff.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
No... not "THAT" black controller. Another one.... I'm assuming you're referring to the Regen1 controller. I'm actually referring to a series 225A controller. They only used it for 16 weeks. It had different wiring and worked with a 0-5K V-Glide as opposed to the 5K-0 in the newer stuff.
yeah i was thinking of that one..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #15
Gutty224
Not Yet Wild

BOOOOOOO!!!!!! IT'S BLACK!!! Ok now I don't know if this thing runs or not??? So would new battery pack new controller be good first steps? Flat ground no lift maybe at some point 4 seats but looking to be around low 20's for speed. Thanks for the help so far
Gutty224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ok if it dosn,t run start with just batteries to find out if it needs anything else......if all is good i wouldn,t bother with controller until you have to or want to.........lets get it running 1st...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #17
Owen
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

My 94 has a black controller, nothing dreadful about it. I agree with shadowman. Been using mine daily for over a year and slowly getting ready for 48volts, should be there about the time my 1 1/2year old 36v pack starts to get weak. If the controller cooperates and you have patience it can be done in steps, you are in the right place- I have much respect for this forum
Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #18
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutty224 View Post
BOOOOOOO!!!!!! IT'S BLACK!!! Ok now I don't know if this thing runs or not??? So would new battery pack new controller be good first steps? Flat ground no lift maybe at some point 4 seats but looking to be around low 20's for speed. Thanks for the help so far
Are you sure you're looking at the controller and not the computer? The silver controller was installed in every 95 after week 16. You're well past that. They used a batch of black computers in 1995 as well. Hopefully that's what you're seeing. As for upgrade, a new controller would be a great first step, but the problem there is the fact that it's gonna be harder to find a 48V controller that'll work as a direct replacement on a Club Car with a 0-5K throttle signal. Look at the back of your F&R switch. You'll see three microswitches. The earlier 95s were equipped with a different setup for the half-speed reverse. Here's how you tell... Take a look at the microswitch closest to the rear of the car. The earlier models had 2 prong (Can't remember what color wires but I want to say 1 black and 1 white) and the later models were 3 prong with Green, Black, White. I'd love to help you identify your system before you start trying to upgrade stuff. Also, if you can get the model number off of the controller that would be great.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen View Post
My 94 has a black controller, nothing dreadful about it. I agree with shadowman. Been using mine daily for over a year and slowly getting ready for 48volts, should be there about the time my 1 1/2year old 36v pack starts to get weak. If the controller cooperates and you have patience it can be done in steps, you are in the right place- I have much respect for this forum
Your 94 is also a 36Volt vehicle. Totally different animal. The 36Volt controller cars were very reliable vehicles.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #20
Owen
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

oops
Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car