lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #31
Pablob
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: auxillary battery?

Bret
If this is all you are going use it for you could just wire it across two of your batteries and not worry, it all depends on how many lights you plan on using you need to total up all the amps a head of time to determine this if using LEDS then you can use quite a few. If you are only using it for one night and you aren't drawing a lot of amps just hook it up to the two batts. If you plan on a radio and permanent lights in the future I went with the extra battery and charger.
Pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #32
bret
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablob View Post
Bret
If this is all you are going use it for you could just wire it across two of your batteries and not worry, it all depends on how many lights you plan on using you need to total up all the amps a head of time to determine this if using LEDS then you can use quite a few. If you are only using it for one night and you aren't drawing a lot of amps just hook it up to the two batts. If you plan on a radio and permanent lights in the future I went with the extra battery and charger.
Greatly appreciated...I'll have to do some research as to how to connect.
bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #33
ArmyVetSgtAdkins
Philippians 4:13

Club Car

SI mounted my auxiliary battery in my dash I cut the top tray out so it sits down inside
Then when put my dash cover on its hidden completely
ArmyVetSgtAdkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #34
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Could run a converter with MC battery or lawnmower battery to keep fully charged, and absorb the surge.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #35
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

If you want cheap and its for one night, get a cigarette 12 volt socket (probably at radio shack) and hook to 12 volts, then get a inverter at Harbor Freight, like $20, then go to Home Depot and get some rope lights (they have blue, red white and maybe green, and they already have an inline fuse), and hook em up, they are about $16 for a 18 foot strand.

I actually have this setup for under lighting but I also have a switched 48 to 12 volt converter. I do not use these lights often.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #36
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . or find low voltage waterproof LED's at a place like here

Golf Cart LED Lights

or here

LED Wholesalers
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car