lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #21
buckv
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Charge time and boiling batteries

How the heck do I do all that while driving it? So just getting readings with a voltage meter while the cart is parked isn't reliable? How about s hydrometer?
buckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #22
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

either clip the ends or tape the ends of meter to battery post while you drive just keep the meter on your knee and make sure where seat lays on meter wires you don,t pinch the crap out of them.......it sounds harder than it is...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #23
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckv View Post
How the heck do I do all that while driving it? So just getting readings with a voltage meter while the cart is parked isn't reliable? How about s hydrometer?
They are reliable parked, but it tells you more about the battery strength when you put a load on them. It is also easier with a digital volt meter. You can pick one up at auto parts stores and they will have the Specific gravity tester there too. All that will tell you what shape your batts are really in.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Generally if they test weak( even slightly weak) with an automotive cranking tester.... they are not going to cut it under golf cart load.
Your cart is going to draw double what that tester is doing.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #25
03Villager
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I like your forum men! I have the same issues and did a search for "charging time" and here I am
03Villager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:32 AM   #26
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Villager View Post
I like your forum men! I have the same issues and did a search for "charging time" and here I am
Welcome!

There are some of the nicest guys here. They are always around to help, and they know their stuff. You found the right place.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #27
03Villager
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I got a full charge on my batteries and took it for a spin today. I ran it around the neighborhood for maybe 1/2 an hour. I have a decent hill on my block and surrounding streets so I made a few runs up the hills. I brought back home and stuck it on the charger. These batteries are the origionals and sat dead for a year! I followed the instructions on a thread I found here and charged each one up individually to 8V and my charger kicked on and I charged it all night. I am going to keep repeating the process and see what I can get out of this set. Thanks for any and all tips!
03Villager is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car