lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #21
The_dealer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club car with no power

I'm about to take some pics of everything and post it up that way we all know what we are working with
The_dealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #22
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_dealer View Post
Ok, I have an update. I believe my cart has been converted to 48v. It has 48v batteries, and I found out its a 48v charger. But it has the 36v v shaped plug? What should I do now? Now it's getting to where it doesn't hardly wanna go at all, even in reverse.
As long as it is a 48 volt charger the plug doesnt't matter. That is what my charger plug (called a crows foot I believe)in looks like since I am converting 36 to 48 volts. Have you checked voltage when the charger is pluged in and on?
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #23
The_dealer
Not Yet Wild

Ok well it won't let me post pics or links. If anyone can help I'll email pics. My charger is set up for Trojan battery, but I have some offbrand batteries. Will this effect anything? I have pics of what I'm talking about
Old 03-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #24
The_dealer
Not Yet Wild

No I haven't tried that, I'm waiting until my grandpa gets home and I'm going to borrow his meter. I don't think it's batteries because reverse is fine( i posted that reverse wasn't wanting to go neither, going off my wife's word) but reverse is fine. I also have a plug that doesn't go to anything and a blue wire. Someone rigged the wiring. Also there's like 4 wires on the f-n-r lever that isn't connected(2 black, blue, white, green, and red) shouldn't they be hooked up?
Old 03-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #25
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Ok well it won't let me post pics or links. If anyone can help I'll email pics. My charger is set up for Trojan battery, but I have some offbrand batteries. Will this effect anything? I have pics of what I'm talking about
Use the attachment icon to add pics.....looks like a paper clip above. A charger isn't set up for any particular battery just certain voltage. IE 12, 24, 36,48, ETC
Old 03-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #26
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
No I haven't tried that, I'm waiting until my grandpa gets home and I'm going to borrow his meter. I don't think it's batteries because reverse is fine( i posted that reverse wasn't wanting to go neither, going off my wife's word) but reverse is fine. I also have a plug that doesn't go to anything and a blue wire. Someone rigged the wiring. Also there's like 4 wires on the f-n-r lever that isn't connected(2 black, blue, white, green, and red) shouldn't they be hooked up?
If it was still stock then those wires would need to be connected. When you trace them out are they disconnected on both ends?
Old 03-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #27
The_dealer
Not Yet Wild

Also if I have the 48v conversion what parts/yr do I need to be getting from? I have a buggies unlimited mag I'm interested in buying stuff from. This cart was left to me by a friend that passed. So I want to fix it up like he wanted
Old 03-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #28
The_dealer
Not Yet Wild

They don't go to anything but another empty plug
Old 03-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #29
The_dealer
Not Yet Wild

54 v charging

All batteries 8.5 to 8.75 volts. This is right off if a charge
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car