lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Bad switch?

I have a 2003 IQ cart that I think the switch had gone bad. I went to use my cart this morning and it wouldn't turn on. I didn't have any power on anything. I turned the switch back off and on. The battery meter light came on and went back off. If I turned and held the switch with a little pressure on the key it would light the battery meter up, but when I let go of the key the meter would go back out. Does this sound light a bad switch or something else. I checked my battery pack and I'm at full charge. If it is the switch, how do I go about checking if it is bad? Any info. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Greg
gcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
ern88
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Bad switch?

Does your reverse buzzer work at all?
ern88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Idk. I've unhooked it. I fixed this cart up for hunting and I didn't need the backup horn going off while hunting. The headlights or anything else wouldn't come on. It's like I had the tow switch flipped. But when I put a little pressure on the key when I was turning it further than I should, that was when it everything seemed to get power back on.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like the key switch is messed up internally.
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Did it just happen this one time and the cart runs fine now? Are you sure the cart was just not waking up from sleep mode? I am not sure about the newer IQ's but the 2002's and 2003's will go into sleep mode. When they are in this state, it will take a few seconds for them to wake up and the dash light will come on for a second or two before they will run.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, I got home from work and went to check my cart out. It was for sure the switch. I took the dash out so I could test the switch. I first checked to power to the switch and it was good. Then I unhooked the wires to the switch to OHM it out.it checked out bad! I then pulled the switch out and I noticed the back of the switch was pop open in one spot. I finished opening the back of the switch, I noticed it smelled like a electrical short and it looked burnt in one spot.
I put it back together and OHM it out again. It worked!!! I sure was glad it wasn't anything else. I think I'm going to go buy a new switch anyway. Thanks everybody for the info and time y'all give, Greg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car