lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
DetonatorTuning
Not Yet Wild

Default G22 stock front suspension specs ?

Hi,

new to forum and hoping to find some specs for the G22 front end, with a view of transplanting one to a custom build.

reading alot of posts and viewing many pics i have some questions about the stock yamaha front suspension.

what is the length (eye to eye) of the front shocks ?

the static camber seems to be pre-set, self adjusts in ratio to the suspension travel. is that correct ?

caster appears preset, non adjustable. how many degree's is it and is it forward or aft ?

toe is adjustable thru the tie rods ?

can someone tell me the distance from back ( inside surface) of hub to back of hub ?

also, looking at some pics and specs for the jakes dual a arm suspension says fully adjustable camber and caster. i can see adjustment of the camber at the inner a arm ends, but i don't see how you could adjust the caster. can someone clue me in there ?

is there a front disk brake kit for the stock G22 front end ?

any response greatly apprec'd.

thanks,
steve
DetonatorTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
DetonatorTuning
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G22 stock front suspension specs ?

ok, lets try another tac.

i've found all that info thru various searches online.

would still like to know if there's a juice disk brake kit for the stock setup.

what is the horizontal distance between the top shock mount holes ?

what is the verticle distance from the top of the shocks to the inner a arm mount holes ?

thanks,
steve
Old 12-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Scottyb's Carts Unlimited (site sponsor) sell's 2 and 4 4wheel hydrolic brake kits. Just took Yamahahauler to a frane buliding shop for "halo" rollbar's, maybe I can get the demenssions next week.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
DetonatorTuning
Not Yet Wild

cool, thanks for the tip.

steve
Old 12-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Just reread my post, dang I can't spell
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
DetonatorTuning
Not Yet Wild

judging from the listed 34" front wheel track and triangulating from some pics i'd say the top shock mounts are approx. 23" apart.

if i could find the length of G22- G29 Drive front shocks or the actual measurement from shock tops to lower a arm inner mount i could lock down whether this will work at all for me.

there is another question now. what is anyone's opinion of the workability of moving both the upper shock mounts and the inner a arm mounts toward the outside 2" each direction ? right now it seems i may have to devise custom knuckle arms for reach to the tie rods and to achieve the ackerman angle i want to the rear.

any response greatly apprec'd.

thanks,
steve
Old 12-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

FFFOOOMMM! That just flew over my head! LOL
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #8
DetonatorTuning
Not Yet Wild

sorry 'bout that.

i was hoping one of the suspension guru's (cause i'm not) would have an idea about the pro's or cons of widening the wheel track by moving the mounting points outward but not changing the other angularity relationships.

it's a toss up about the knuckle arms, i may have to do extensions for the tie rods.

this is important to me because i'm building a reverse trike ( 2 wheels in front ) and there is a steering / suspension norm known as Ackerman angle that is measured thru the kingpin, over the tierod ends on each side and should converge at or near the contact point of the rear tire ( or center of rear axle, which ever.

the biggest question right now is the height from the top shock mounts down to the lower a arm mounts as that has a big influence on ride height.

the next issue will be the valving and spring rates on the shocks. these are set for a 650+ # vehicle and mines going to come in just over 200# and be mid engine with active rear suspension too.

i might be able to measure all this out if the dealer (over an hour from me) happens to have one of these sitting around.

i was hoping to get some input that would either encourage or discount these ideas before i involved the time to do that though.

thanks for the reply, that in it's self is encouraging.

steve
Old 12-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
DetonatorTuning
Not Yet Wild

there are lots of articles on ackerman and related steering principles focused on auto aplication but this is one of the very best out there due to the full coverage of the relative functions and the animations.

http://www.rctek.com/technical/handl...principle.html

thanks,
steve
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha