lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: How to unleash g2-A?

G2/9 will tend to over rev if you don't have them lifted with larger tires that provide higher gearing and more load on engine. It will not rev much more than the limiter, so it might get you 1mph or something. Stock cart has no gearing either you buy HS gears or lift it then you get about 30mph. You can rewire it to run a G9 ignitor that has no limiter. Best to make sure the belt is at the top of the primary at speed so you are getting full high gear you can. The tension cable is usually only to help takeoff power because if the engine torques to the trans they bog out. If you tighten it too much it will cut top speed, but sure they run better with it. You can run 20" lawn tires but that is not much speed gain just a little.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you bypassed your gov. and are hitting the rev limit, you are maxed out. you should check your clutches to be sure they are right, if they are right, then you are at or beyond the end of the speed capabilities of your motor. that motor ain't made for constant 5000rpm use...
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:29 AM   #13
French guy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks every one i'd just found where is the problem.
If i choke the cart, it run Great.
So now i need to found why?
French guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #14
French guy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by French guy View Post
Thanks every one i'd just found where is the problem.
If i choke the cart, it run Great.
So now i need to found why?
I had read a post about that this morning but i can't remember on witch page it is.
French guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #15
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

your carburator needs cleaned and you need to check your intake lines going to the carb and make sure you have no leaks , to much air and it will bog and you will have the pedal jiggle that you have been doing , so clean the carb and then check you air intake is sealed and the filter is clean
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Its common people over tighten the carb spacer and crack it then it leaks. Even more common is the airbox is hard to get sealed right and it leaks. Both will make it run poor and lean.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:45 AM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

SHO305.. both are correct... you will be chasing your tail if your airbox is not sealed or missing. you can check for intake leaks by shooting brake or carb clean at the intake spacer while slightly pressing gas pedal while its on jackstands. it will fire while spraying then stop running.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
jmz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You can gut the muffler , install an open air filter and do away with the air box. Then drill out the main jet in the carb till she runs right. That's what I did before I put my Honda motor in mine.
jmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha