lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #11
coacho8
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1994 ezgo series model trouble

from a diagnostic test posted by scottyb separate the 6 pin connector(only 4 are used) between pedal box and controller + probe on black wire terminal of connector. if voltage goes to 14v, sensor is faulty. if it remains below 14 controller is faulty. I only get 4 volts. Next section reconnect 6 pin connector Checking controller output. connect - probe to M- connect + probe to B+ reading should be 0. It is. Slowly depress accelerator and reading should show voltage increasing . It does not. Stays at 0. Saying this Im thinking bad controller. Just asking for opinion from someone that knows. Thanks for taking time to help.
coacho8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I apologize - part of that sticky is under revision. Somethings were lost in last rewrite.

Attached is the test for the ITS signal. The numbers given are for the OEM Curtis control. If Alltrax control is used we use a different set of voltages. If the signal is incorrect - the control will not put voltage out... assuming you have the solenoid clicking now when you try to go?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo ITS testing.jpg (292.3 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #13
coacho8
Not Yet Wild

Ok. I checked the ITS based on the new information provided. The results checked out so that the ITS was faulty. I swapped the ITS with one off of a working cart (which checked faulty based on the attachment I received). Neither worked in bad cart, but both worked in good cart (hope thats not too confusing). So, I am assuming the ITS is not bad because it would work in a running cart. Any ideas?
Old 11-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #14
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1994 ezgo series model trouble

Have you checked the 4 pin Molex connector located between the ITS, pedal switch, and the controller? It can get some corrosion and cause all kinds of problems. It is usually located just before the controller.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:28 AM   #15
coacho8
Not Yet Wild

apparently someone has taken the molex connector off my cart and straight wired the wires together. I did find (under the cart ) that the wires were taped together. Or I am not finding the connector. but doing a continuity test on each wire shows wires are ok. these are black, white, red, and green wires. green to switch and the rest to controller. thanks
Old 11-07-2014, 09:55 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Try this and let us know what you find today...

CHECKING CONTROLLER INPUT
Connect (-) probe to B- terminal. Connect (+) probe to B+ terminal.
The reading should indicate approx. 0 volts with the resistor REMOVED and the pedal not pressed in the last 15-30 minutes.
Slowly depress accelerator pedal until the solenoid engages.
The reading should show the battery pack voltage. If the voltage is at or near battery voltage, the cart is in forward gear, and the motor is not turning, then the problem lies in the forward/reverse switch, the high amperage wiring, the speed controller, or the motor.
If the voltage is not at or near battery voltage, replace the controller.

CHECKING CONTROLLER OUTPUT
Connect (-) probe to controller M- and (+) lead to controller B-
With the key on and the cart in forward gear, press the pedal just far enough to hear the solenoid engage. You should read pack voltage between and M- and B-. Now continue to press the petal down and watch the meter. The reading should gradually decrease to near 0 volts. If the input test was good and the I TS readings are correct and this test does not perform as described above then the controller has failed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #17
coacho8
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for info.

checking controller input. voltage checked same as battery pack voltage. motor not turning.
checking controller output: voltage reads pack voltage when solenoid engages but never changes as petal is pressed.
I did check motor by jumping A2-S1 and powering others. Motor runs. Cant find anything wrong with high amp wiring. Not sure how to check f/r switch.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:37 PM   #18
coacho8
Not Yet Wild

checking controller input: - probe to B- terminal + probe to B+ terminal ----resistor removed and pedal not pressed in 30 minutes. RESULT- reading is 13.8 volts. this reading doesnt change even when pedal is pressed
Old 11-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #19
coacho8
Not Yet Wild

took F/R switch out and inspected. switch looks very good. All copper components are shinny copper. Does not look like any heat damage.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coacho8 View Post
checking controller input: - probe to B- terminal + probe to B+ terminal ----resistor removed and pedal not pressed in 30 minutes. RESULT- reading is 13.8 volts. this reading doesnt change even when pedal is pressed
If you are measuring from the controller's B- terminal to the controller's B+ terminal, the voltage should go to FULL battery pack voltage when the solenoid clicks.

If not, put the negative test lead on the battery packs main negative terminal and try again.
If you get pack voltage now, the cable (or connections) between the B- terminal on the controller and the B- terminal on the battery pack is bad.

If you do not get pack voltage, move the positive test lead to the solenoid's battery side large terminal.
If you don't get pack voltage, the cable (or connections) between the solenoid's battery side large terminal and Main positive terminal on the battery pack is bad.

If you do get pack voltage, move the positive test lead to the solenoid's controller side large terminal.
You should get Full pack voltage when solenoid clicks.
If not the solenoid's contacts are bad.

At this point, the only thing left to check is the short cable (and connections) between the solenoid's controller side large terminal and the controller's B+ terminal.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO